match for paradigm speakers

F

fastfreddy

Junior Audioholic
I am in the market to upgrade my receiver from a Onkyo DS595 to a Denon AVR3805, 2805 or a Yamaha RXV2400. Can someone advise me which of these receivers would be a better match for the monitor 7 series.
Thanks all opinions welcome.

B

BIG FISH

Junior Audioholic
Seems that you're in the same boat as I am. Looking at the new denon 2805. I have not had a chance to hear it yet, but if it's anything like the 3805 it will most likely be the one I'll go with. Although, I too would still like to hear some more opinons between the denon's and the yammie's in terms of sound dynamics, brightness, warmth, detail, etc.

As well I would like to know about the power (watts) to the power (consumption) of these units. which one will actually produce more power?

the yammie 1400 has 110 watts per channel, vs the new denon 2805 which has 100 watts per channel, but yet I hear that the denon will produce more real world power because it consumes a bit more power.

Last but not least does a units weight have that much of an impact on the power it produces?

Sorry Freddy for using your thread to ask all these questions, but hopefully we get some helpful advice. And good luck with which ever you decide to go with. :)

U

Unregistered

Receivers for Paradigm monitors

I have the Monitor 5's and find that my Pioneer Elite (admittedly a 47, but there should be a family resemblance to the 53 and 55) does a very commendable job. For HT only the Yamaha may suffice but I did not like what my previous Yamaha AVR did on music - it had guts but was too dry sounding. I believe the Denon will be inbetween the two - not as smooth or lush as the Elite but not as dry as the Yamaha. In a given price range I don't think one or another will have dramatically more guts - to get that you need a bigger amp.

Wayne

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis