Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just started the first episode. Not far enough in to have any comments, but I think a few of you guys were planning to check this out too. I liked everything leading up to this, with DD and JJ probably being my favorites of the series.

marvel-defenders-tv-show-images.jpg

*Edit: Some nice smooth bass right off the bat with the first scene.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Tonight it is for us. Not sure about What Happened to Friday though but that will be watched as well.
I think the Tivo will be to capacity this fall with other programs.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Got past the first 3 episodes, there is just no "Defending" Iron Fist, bad acting, bad fight
choreography, even worse fashion sense. Only one good scene between him and Luke Cage, otherwise they need to replace him with Punisher!! lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Fist needs some work, but so far I'm liking it. I'm coming from a comic book background and familiar with most of the characters. It's awesome to see them in action on the screen. I'm having fun with it!

There's some deep, strong "mood bass" during some of the scenes that helps with the fun. They don't overuse it either. It's just about often enough to remind you, you have subs.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, it is postponed to tomorrow night, waiting for #1 son. Monday it is.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Saw first 3 episodes last night. Certainly picked up after the initial intro to the characters in their current condition. Even Xena is back. LOL

So far pretty good

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL had just started it up when I saw this post....we'll see.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw 7 episodes in one day. That says something. :D

I think overall, it's a lot better than the individual seasons of J.Jones, L.Cage, and I.Fist.

But not nearly as good as the 2 seasons of D.Devil.

When "Defenders" get going and not have time to think or try to act and be all dramatic, it works much better.

But when these characters try to "act", it sucks. The dialogue is mostly pure crap. They waste a lot of time talking about absolutely nothing. When DD, Stick, Carrie Anne Moss, or Sigourney Weaver talks, it's important. It matters. When the rest of them talk, it's mostly crap. I was playing my "Air Fighter" game on my iPad during some scenes when they are chatting away about worthless crap. :D

"Defenders" lacks focus. They need to cut all the worthless chatter and most of the secondary characters and just get to business.

For drama acting scenes and character development, just focus on DD and Punisher. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It didn't grab my attention, kept getting easily distracted. Maybe I'll try again later...
Yeah, I think it lacks focus. I think a lot of times it just goes all over the place. And a lot of the little boring conversations had nothing to do with the plot.

I think if they could cut out all these boring dialogue scenes and shorten the season from 8 episodes to 7 episodes, it would be better. :D

OTOH, if they could increase the number of episodes in S07 of "Game of Thrones" from 7 episodes to 28 episodes, it would be fantastic. :eek: :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

.... I think a lot of times it just goes all over the place. And a lot of the little boring conversations had nothing to the plot.

I think if they could cut out all these boring dialogue scenes and shorten the season from 8 episodes to 7 episodes, it would be better. :D

OTOH, if they could increase the number of episodes in S07 of "Game of Thrones" from 7 episodes to 28 episodes, it would be fantastic. :eek: :D
Maybe it tries to show the disunity of the heroes, individuality without unity for a common cause. Every one wants to do it by themselves, or, JJ not at all, not her problem.
Purposeful to tell a story between them?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe it tries to show the disunity of the heroes, individuality without unity for a common cause. Every one wants to do it by themselves, or, JJ not at all, not her problem.
Purposeful to tell a story between them?
I get the lack of unity and arguments among the 4 main characters.

But I was talking about all those little talks among the secondary nonessential characters about absolutely nothing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
But as I've said, I would gladly take "Defenders" any day over Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, or Luke Cage.

But please bring on solo seasons of "The Punisher" (suppose to come out later this year 2017) and "Daredevil". :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw 7 episodes in one day. That says something. :D

I think overall, it's a lot better than the individual seasons of J.Jones, L.Cage, and I.Fist.

But not nearly as good as the 2 seasons of D.Devil.

When "Defenders" get going and not have time to think or try to act and be all dramatic, it works much better.

But when these characters try to "act", it sucks. The dialogue is mostly pure crap. They waste a lot of time talking about absolutely nothing. When DD, Stick, Carrie Anne Moss, or Sigourney Weaver talks, it's important. It matters. When the rest of them talk, it's mostly crap. I was playing my "Air Fighter" game on my iPad during some scenes when they are chatting away about worthless crap. :D

"Defenders" lacks focus. They need to cut all the worthless chatter and most of the secondary characters and just get to business.

For drama acting scenes and character development, just focus on DD and Punisher. :D
Pretty much sums it up for me. I binged it with my wife in 2 days and really enjoyed it, but it's not the best marvel outing on Netflix. From a comic point of view Iron Fist was probably my favorite. Not so much with the series tho, which is a little disappointing. Still, not bad overall. Looking forward to a season 3 of DD and some more Punisher.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I loved the fact that everyone seemed to say Danny was the dumbest Iron Fist ever.

Overall, I thought this one was pretty good and I liked them all except for Iron Fist.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the season finale E08.

My final impression is that much of the dialogue was very stupid. The season could have been edited to get rid of worthless boring dialogue about absolutely nothing and be done by E06, not E08.

But still I think overall, "Defenders" is a lot better than the individual seasons of LC, JJ, and IF, which I think have even a lot more worthless boring dialogues about absolutely nothing and bad acting. :D

Bring on The Punisher, please. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis