Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I enjoyed Morbius. Not a classic, but hardly a train wreck.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever last night on Disney +. Ugggghhhhh. What a turd. Too much wrong with tthe pacing, plot and characters in this movie to list. On top of that, it was almost 3 hours long, with about 15 minutes of action in the whole movie, and 2.5 hours of dreadfully boring talking (whining) about T'Challas death. I got it in the first 15 minutes. You didn't need to make an entire movie about it Disney. Boring. Stupid. And did nothing to advance the universe in regards to Phase 4.

4/10. Maybe.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Black Panther: Wakanda Forever last night on Disney +. Ugggghhhhh. What a turd. Too much wrong with tthe pacing, plot and characters in this movie to list. On top of that, it was almost 3 hours long, with about 15 minutes of action in the whole movie, and 2.5 hours of dreadfully boring talking (whining) about T'Challas death. I got it in the first 15 minutes. You didn't need to make an entire movie about it Disney. Boring. Stupid. And did nothing to advance the universe in regards to Phase 4.

4/10. Maybe.
I fell asleep 3 times. :D

I thought it was a joke also.

They should have shown other Avengers in the movie to make up for the sorry movie.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just finished watching it myself and had to take an intermission in the middle of the movie. F#%k me, I’m spent. I thought time stopped watching this f#%ker. Too slow, too little action and basically no fun. Honestly, they should have just recast the f#%kin’ role. For f#%k’s sake, Chadwick only played the part for one Black Panther movie and had cameos in three other films.

Speaking of casting, my fears were realized and Namor was S#%t! Tenoch Huerta is about as good at acting like the anti-hero as Dwayne Johnson in “Black Adam.” They suck. Such a shame, but Disney wanted to fill seats with latinos. The Mayan link was lame and the underwater world was murky with some very cheap looking interior set pieces. Is it me, or did Ironheart look like a Power Ranger on steroids? There were some good performances here save for Huerta’s but they couldn’t save this downer.:confused:

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Yeah...it's time for Marvel to just hang it up. You can't continue a series of movies when the main characters are gone...comic books just don't translate to real life depictions that way.

I didn't care for the first Black Panther, and this new one was just awful. Even from 4K Bluray, it also looks awful.

I collected Marvel from the early 60's to the mid 70's . Was initially thrilled to see this stuff brought to life so well.
All that's going on now is the usual milking of the cash cow. I shut Love and Thunder off about a third of the way through...painful, just painful.
I could watch The Winter Soldier all day though...how the mighty have fallen.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
These studios can’t seem to understand that they should not make movies unless they have great writers/directors.

Attention movie studios: HIRE GOOD WRITERS AND DIRECTORS, YOU MORONS. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
These studios can’t seem to understand that they should not make movies unless they have great writers/directors.

Attention movie studios: HIRE GOOD WRITERS AND DIRECTORS, YOU MORONS. :D
They don't seem to understand if you just make a good movie they are likely to make MORE money than just a week or two and maybe / maybe not break even. Avatar and Avatar 2 are proof that bad movies can still make money, so they keep trying to do it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I refuse to go to the theater now. Ever since the 2nd Dr. Strange movie (I did make an exception for Avatar 2). So I haven't seen the new Ant-Man yet. However, based on the reviews from normal fans (not critics), I'm not expecting much. One guy on another forum I frequent, who is the 'movie guy', said it was in his opinion the worst Marvel showing yet. Considering how bad Wakanda Forever and Love and Thunder were, that's not good. He gave the new Ant-Man a 4.5/10. Ouch. I'll definitely be waiting for this one on Disney + (but that's my MO lately anyway).

Phase 4 was mediocre at best, and this being the start of Phase 5 has me worried. I think Marvel did themselves a disservice by making The Infiniti Saga their opening sortie. When it's probably the biggest story line in Marvel history, and you took 11 years to build it up to its finale, that is an act that you're never going to be able to follow. Everything is going to be a let down after that IMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, Victoria Alonso left the MCU after 17 years and working on every MCU film. I think that may be a bit telling that they know they have a problem.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Won’t speculate myself cuz’ I don’t know a thing about the working conditions there. But, if she ends up at Warner working with Gunn, that will kinda’ say it all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
DC is deeper in the poop than the MCU so that would be more of a lateral move lol.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, DC has had a time of it. But, Gunn might be looking for those that got MCU going to get new DCU going.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, DC has had a time of it. But, Gunn might be looking for those that got MCU going to get new DCU going.
We'll see. A lot of people are getting tired of the super hero movies dominating everything. When they were good, it was fun. Now? Not so much. I just think "oh look, another one."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We'll see. A lot of people are getting tired of the super hero movies dominating everything. When they were good, it was fun. Now? Not so much. I just think "oh look, another one."
When they were good, still only a few were really good IMO. Now people just realize that. Stick any character into same basic plot, same sort of action-almost lose-then-win story, lather rinse repeat. Disney did it for a long time and found that it also didn't work for them either with the animated films. Once you see past the new coat of paint, it is the same old thing, and not even in a creative way usually.

Example: take TWO Oscar winning directors and give them each sub-par marvel scripts, average characters and "our formula". Results? Garbage.

*edit - Oh, and I just saw another article that said Victoria was fired, she did not leave.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting development. I did not know Victoria Alonso was a lesbian. Apparently, she spoke out against the mouse not taking appropriate actions in Florida's anti-gay law as well as other Disney policies, going against their upper management and was fired for it. It sounds like there are more details to come as well when she releases a book.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting development. I did not know Victoria Alonso was a lesbian. Apparently, she spoke out against the mouse not taking appropriate actions in Florida's anti-gay law as well as other Disney policies, going against their upper management and was fired for it. It sounds like there are more details to come as well when she releases a book.

Wow - Florida has an "anti-gay" law?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Shocking, isn't it? But seriously, each employee decides for themselves what they will endure at a place of business when said business is supportive or complacent with political policies that the employee may abhor. The Florida situation may have been more than she could stomach. But, walk around the office and complain about the pain in your stomach at high volume and the decision to leave may well be made for you. She didn't seem to have those same pains when Georigia agreed to subsidize Disney's Marvel productions over the last decade so that she and others could add more zeros to their paychecks. When you can afford to walk away from a bad situation, it makes leaving easy. When you can't afford to do so, you put up with lots of s#$t until they sack you and you walk off with a nice parting gift and duct tape over your mouth. When you are dealing with Hollywood personalities, all bets are off and all of their agents, managers, PR reps and lawyers end up with ulcers. Just imagine Jonathan Majors' team right now.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Shocking, isn't it? But seriously, each employee decides for themselves what they will endure at a place of business when said business is supportive or complacent with political policies that the employee may abhor. The Florida situation may have been more than she could stomach. But, walk around the office and complain about the pain in your stomach at high volume and the decision to leave may well be made for you. She didn't seem to have those same pains when Georigia agreed to subsidize Disney's Marvel productions over the last decade so that she and others could add more zeros to their paychecks. When you can afford to walk away from a bad situation, it makes leaving easy. When you can't afford to do so, you put up with lots of s#$t until they sack you and you walk off with a nice parting gift and duct tape over your mouth. When you are dealing with Hollywood personalities, all bets are off and all of their agents, managers, PR reps and lawyers end up with ulcers. Just imagine Jonathan Majors' team right now.
Disney is probably crapping bricks over that one right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis