Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Chatted with Disney+. They didn’t recommend using Microsoft Edge because of security concerns and said it didn’t support HDR and Dolby Atmos. They also said HDR and Dolby Atmos availability depend on platform but didn’t offer up any more info. Can’t say I’ve seen anybody say 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos work on Disney+ using a browser but hope somebody has experienced differently.
Thanks. I downloaded the app. Will see how it works on the big screen projector. I used it last night with She Hulk. Picture looked great on 50" HD, don't have 4K.
The app also showed the specs at the home page for a show the video and audio at least, 5.1, 4K, etc. TV still showed 60 frames, no audio info.
When I use a BD player with TV it will show 24 frames, no audio info. So, I am just wondering if the Disney shows are made with 60 frames or 24 and my laptop with the app upscales to 60 frames, through HDMI, or what. Just curious.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The content is 24, but not every Disney+ app supports 24 on various devices. It's all over the place. So, even if a particular device is set to output everything at 24, an app that does not support 24 playback on that device will output at 60.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The content is 24, but not every Disney+ app supports 24 on various devices. It's all over the place. So, even if a particular device is set to output everything at 24, an app that does not support 24 playback on that device will output at 60.
I'm not sure what the Disney+ app on my Windows 10 Pro will give me for advantages over Microsoft Edge, as long as I get 1080p and stereo on my PC setup. For my LG OLED CX I for sure use the built-in Disney+ app.

It's similar to the Windows Netflix app as I don't have 4K and HDR capable monitor.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'm not sure what the Disney+ app on my Windows 10 Pro will give me for advantages over Microsoft Edge, as long as I get 1080p and stereo on my PC setup. For my LG OLED CX I for sure use the built-in Disney+ app.

It's similar to the Windows Netflix app as I don't have 4K and HDR capable monitor.
Can you or have you looked at that OLED tv info to see what it is getting, 1080 24/60 i/p and which audio codec? Just curious.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can you or have you looked at that OLED tv info to see what it is getting, 1080 24/60 i/p and which audio codec? Just curious.
As for audio codec my Denon AVR shows Dolby Digital+, but I’ve only a 5.1 setup. As for framerate I’ll have to check how to see that info on my OLED while using the Disney app. I do get UHD from Disney on the shows that has that resolution, along with Dolby Vision as well as IMAX.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

As for audio codec my Denon AVR shows Dolby Digital+, but I’ve only a 5.1 setup. As for framerate I’ll have to check how to see that info on my OLED while using the Disney app. I do get UHD from Disney on the shows that has that resolution, along with Dolby Vision as well as IMAX.
I use the TV remote itself and press the i "info" button.
I will have to check my projection system with AVR, of course, what codec comes through from the Disney app on my laptop. Previously I was getting pro logic and once the DD+. I might or should get DD 5.1 from the app as it is all digital through the laptop without decoding that may be limited by the audio board in the laptop, or not.
Will see.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I use the TV remote itself and press the i "info" button.
I will have to check my projection system with AVR, of course, what codec comes through from the Disney app on my laptop. Previously I was getting pro logic and once the DD+. I might or should get DD 5.1 from the app as it is all digital through the laptop without decoding that may be limited by the audio board in the laptop, or not.
Will see.
Netflix shows some info when pressing that button but not Disney +.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Well, I used the Disney app but audio was still pro logic II. I would think with HDMI out of laptop, into oppo BD audio would not be limited by an internal audio processor
either the laptop or the BD player.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What does the Oppo show as the incoming signal? Is the Oppo set to bitstream? PCM?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

What does the Oppo show as the incoming signal? Is the Oppo set to bitstream? PCM?
Thanks. Need to recheck. AVR is the one I looked at. Not sure, don't think Oppo shows anything.
Originally, I set it for BD playback, bitstream most likely. Using the front HDMI input on the 103.
I am thinking it might be the laptop but why would it change or make Disney downgrade to prologic using their app instead of just passing it through.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You know, I didn’t even think to ask if Microsoft requires the Dolby Access app download for Windows like it does for the XBOX for Dolby Atmos. It seems to need it as well. Has anyone downloaded it? Sorry, been awhile since I used a Windows laptop.
B182F0FA-B6DF-4EC7-9471-2F09D5178438.jpeg

4EDB03EF-EF0B-4921-A7B9-C05B6889346D.jpeg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Update on above.
Set it up, Oppo HDMI set to auto at first, then forced bitstream. turned on Disney app, tried Capt. Marvel, audio was DD+ on AVR, Oppo shows only HDMI Front.
Then I tried another Disney movie, like Dr. Strange. Well, it reverted to Prologic. Then I tried Capt. Marvel again, no DD+ but Prologic. Very curious.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You know, I didn’t even think to ask if Microsoft requires the Dolby Access app download for Windows like it does for the XBOX for Dolby Atmos. It seems to need it as well. Has anyone downloaded it? Sorry, been awhile since I used a Windows laptop....
Many thanks. I would think this would also apply to Dolby 5.1.
I will check it out. I need to see if this works for Windows 11.
Update:
No go. When I pinged the app tone, had sound but in the end after setup it said it didn't take and Disney audio didn't change.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, She-Hulk finale kinda’ went for it and had some good moments. The CGI was finally acceptable. Great opening credit spoof and they didn’t just break the fourth wall this time, they smashed it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Noticed Dolby Atmos stopped working on the Disney+ app in my Apple TV 4K and XBOX Series S last night. Anybody else having issues with it?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, She-Hulk finale kinda’ went for it and had some good moments. The CGI was finally acceptable. Great opening credit spoof and they didn’t just break the fourth wall this time, they smashed it.
I loved the She-Hulk season finale.

But then again, I pretty much loved the entire season of She-Hulk. :D

And here’s the thing - I usually HATE comedies. I usually want all the movies and TV series to be all serious. But for some strange reason, I just love She-Hulk. :D

I laughed so hard from beginning to end watching the season finale.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Haven't been here in a while. Since my last post, I've watched Morbius.......twice. Once on (Canadian) Thanksgiving day with my Father In Law, and again tonight with my buddy who hadn't been over since I revamped the HT room at the end of September.

I'm trying to figure out why this movie got such bad press. I enjoyed it both times. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad, and certainly not nearly as bad as what I'd heard. The new improved HT room was definitely a factor in my enjoyment of it, and my buddy was blown away by the improvement in the immersive experience with the surround speakers dropped to the proper height, and the Atmos speakers installed.

Wakanda Forever officially in theatre tomorrow, but I'll wait until it hits Disney + in 6~8 weeks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis