Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I also liked Love & Thunder. My only gripe was seeing a bunch of cheesy kids with “Thor power” killing monsters. Just stupid cheese to me. Luckily that only took up a small part of the movie.
Watched it yesterday, what the hell happened to the movie, some really cheesy crap in there, the Zeus part, good grief might as well had can can girls. Plus the start of the movie with Guardians of the Galaxy, what some video looking game and gaudy jokes, so I guess the movie was a "comical movie". The villain Gorr actually was the best part of the movie and really needs his own movie. .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched it yesterday, what the hell happened to the movie, some really cheesy crap in there, the Zeus part, good grief might as well had can can girls. Plus the start of the movie with Guardians of the Galaxy, what some video looking game and gaudy jokes, so I guess the movie was a "comical movie". The villain Gorr actually was the best part of the movie and really needs his own movie. .
Christian Bale (Best Supporting Actor Winner - Oscars) is just a great actor.

Russell Crowe is a great actor (Best Actor Winner - Oscars), but his role was supposed to be comical and cheesy. :D

It seems the best actors always get the be the villains. Like Cate Blanchett (Best Actress + Best Supporting Actress Winner - Oscars) was the villain in "Thor Ragnarok".

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night.

It was ok. IMO opinion they are trying too hard to be funny. It was funny, but also very cheesy. Christian Bale killed it as Gorr, Russell Crowe was Mehhhh as Zeus (I didn't like that part of the movie). Overall, I'd give it a 6/10. It had its moments and I didn't hate it, but certainly didn't love it.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night.

It was ok. IMO opinion they are trying too hard to be funny. It was funny, but also very cheesy. Christian Bale killed it as Gorr, Russell Crowe was Mehhhh as Zeus (I didn't like that part of the movie). Overall, I'd give it a 6/10. It had its moments and I didn't hate it, but certainly didn't love it.
Might as well rename it, 'Thor: Love and Blunder'. Like I noted , back a few, Gorr was the best part of the whole movie.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just going to leave this here for those that haven't seen it yet........

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
And She-Hulk has degraded into absolute dog $#!+. The first 2~3 episodes were decent. It's "jumped the shark" since then. I haven't even watched the last 2 episodes yet, and might not even bother. That 4th episode with her defending herself against the lawsuit was abysmal at best. This show had a lot of potential at the start IMO, but terrible writing and terrible CGI have absolutely ruined it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You know you are in trouble when a drunk party girl steals the show whenever she says "Wongers." Unfortunately, the show comes up short all the way around. The lead was miscast and her turning into She-Hulk doesn't help matters as the CGI is embarrassingly bad. I continue to watch just because it is part of the MCU. I feel about it the same way I felt about the Obi-Wan show. It sucks, NEXT!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You guys will want to watch the latest episode of She-Hulk.

2 super-hero lawyers finally meet.

You know who the OTHER super-hero lawyer is - the one who was on Netflix for a few seasons. :D

Even if you don’t like She-Hulk, this latest episode (with 2 super hero lawyers going head-to-head in court, in a bar, on the street, and somewhere personal and private) is worth waiting the entire season for!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the guest star brought it up in every scene in which they appeared. But, too little too late perhaps to salvage the entire show.

Watched “Werewolf by Night” and enjoyed it. I’d like to see this start a macabre branch of the MCU. Universal has botched their classic monster reboot.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You guys will want to watch the latest episode of She-Hulk.

2 super-hero lawyers finally meet.

You know who the OTHER super-hero lawyer is - the one who was on Netflix for a few seasons. :D

Even if you don’t like She-Hulk, this latest episode (with 2 super hero lawyers going head-to-head in court, in a bar, on the street, and somewhere personal and private) is worth waiting the entire season for!
I swear on all that is holy Disney better not screw him up if they restart his series.

Disney is family oriented and that makes it rough because some of these stories are meant to be a bit darker. Having comedy in it isn't bad as long as you keep that serious tone.

Netflix just excelled because they could make it as dark and edgy as they needed it to be

I'm not sure Disney can go there.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Latest trailer out for BP2WF. I would have cast an Asian actor for Namor but Disney went another way. If you ever wondered what happened to the Mayans, I think they just went under water.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
How do you all stream Disney+, through what? Do you het 24 frames on their series or movies? What audio comes through?
I ask as it may be my laptop audio board, or not but I can only get pro logic and at DD+ at times when I project. Haven't checked projector what video frame rate. Tv showed 60 frames for Thor: Love and Thunder and would not show audio format, 5.1 or whatever.
Chatted with Disney, a waste of time, and they indicate whatever my capability is. Trying to figure out if it is my laptop's audio board or not. Thanks.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
How do you all stream Disney+, through what? Do you het 24 frames on their series or movies? What audio comes through?
I ask as it may be my laptop audio board, or not but I can only get pro logic and at DD+ at times when I project. Haven't checked projector what video frame rate. Tv showed 60 frames for Thor: Love and Thunder and would not show audio format, 5.1 or whatever.
Chatted with Disney, a waste of time, and they indicate whatever my capability is. Trying to figure out if it is my laptop's audio board or not. Thanks.
Living in Europe this might not be relevant for you as this is possibly different between regions, but I stream using the Disney+ app in my LG OLED CX TV with sound in DD+ and video on DolbyVision or IMAX, depending on the show/movie. I can’t see framerate info on the TV.

Other streaming is on my PC using Microsoft Edge, a stereo setup and the monitor is 1440p, so no DolbyVision or HDR. No framerate info here either.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Things may have changed, but I don’t believe Disney+ supports HDR over a web browser at all.This complicates audio as well on certain platforms because I remember Dolby Atmos not being available on the Nvidia Shield without HDR output on Disney+. Playback at 24fps on Disney+ isn’t supported on every platform, either.

I’ve used my LG C1, Roku Ultra 4800, XBOX Series S and Apple TV(Gen 1) for Disney+ content. While I wish Apple would just bitstream all audio like the others instead of converting to PCM and using Dolby MAT for Atmos, it puts out the best picture of the bunch. I thought the XBOX might do everything best given the horsepower, but the Disney+ app doesn’t look as good as on the Apple 4K and there is no 24fps support for those who want it.

For those who might consider an Apple TV 4K, know that Dolby Atmos on Disney+ will be available with 4K HDR, 4K SDR and even 1080 SDR. But, a connection directly to a TV or Projector that does not support eARC means no Atmos because of the Apple TV’s conversion of everything to PCM. The Dolby MAT(lossless PCM with Atmos metadata) signal will be too large for ARC and a direct connection to a processor or receiver will be needed.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I will look into that Disney app if it is available for a laptop with Edge.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Chatted with Disney+. They didn’t recommend using Microsoft Edge because of security concerns and said it didn’t support HDR and Dolby Atmos. They also said HDR and Dolby Atmos availability depend on platform but didn’t offer up any more info. Can’t say I’ve seen anybody say 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos work on Disney+ using a browser but hope somebody has experienced differently.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis