Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I expect “She-Hulk” to be almost as dumb as “Ms. Marvel” (IMDB rating of 6.2 = really bad).

I do make some exceptions, but most of the TV series I watch have ratings of 7.9 or higher. Hell, “Motherland Fort Salem“ is pretty bad, and it has a rating of 7.1. :D

So 6.2 Rating for most TV series usually means pure crap to me. :D

Anyway, gotta keep my expectations low for She-Hulk in case it’s another “Ms. Marvel”. That way I won’t get disappointed. But if it’s actually good, then I can be pleasantly surprised. :D

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, “She Hulk” not the train wreck I feared. I actually enjoyed it. We’ll see where it goes.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately, the season ends in October. Long wait. Same with Andor but that one may be into November or December.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, “She Hulk” not the train wreck I feared. I actually enjoyed it. We’ll see where it goes.
I hope all those "1-Star" ratings on IMDb are wrong. :D

She-Hulk has a rating of 5.9, which is terrible for any show. So hopefully they are wrong. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, to each their own. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Ms. Marvel. It is what it is. You can unplug for a little while and enjoy these things or just turn them off because they f#%ked with the source material in a way that doesn’t agree with you. I’m just not gonna’ lose my s#%t over somebody’s silly adaptation of comic books I read forty f#%kin years ago as a kid or decide I hate it because that’s the popular thing to do. I also enjoy Nickleback whenever they come over the radio. Who gives a f#%k? Just don’t ever ask me to watch “WW84” or “Eternals” ever again. I think they stunk. But, somebody else might love em’ and that’s ok too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, to each their own. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Ms. Marvel. It is what it is. You can unplug for a little while and enjoy these things or just turn them off because they f#%ked with the source material in a way that doesn’t agree with you. I’m just not gonna’ lose my s#%t over somebody’s silly adaptation of comic books I read forty f#%kin years ago as a kid or decide I hate it because that’s the popular thing to do. I also enjoy Nickleback whenever they come over the radio. Who gives a f#%k? Just don’t ever ask me to watch “WW84” or “Eternals” ever again. I think they stunk. But, somebody else might love em’ and that’s ok too.
OMG, I love the 1st episode of She-Hulk. :D

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Those She-Hulk ratings on IMDb are totally wrong. :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I've enjoyed both of the fitst two episodes of She-Hulk immensely. My only gripe? The episodes are way too short. 38 and 31 minutes including end credits? WTF?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“Thor: Love and Thunder” was a good time. Crow was a riot and Bale was perfectly cast. There are some great shots in this one. Disappointed that the IMAX ratio is not used for the entirety of the movie on Disney+ but it looks great anyway. Perfect? No. Fun? Yes, but that’s just me.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
“Thor: Love and Thunder” was a good time. Crow was a riot and Bale was perfectly cast. There are some great shots in this one. Disappointed that the IMAX ratio is not used for the entirety of the movie on Disney+ but it looks great anyway. Perfect? No. Fun? Yes, but that’s just me.
I'm hoping to watch it this weekend. I'm not expecting an Endgame level movie, but I'm hoping to be entertained.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I read a lot of positive reviews of She-Hulk so I started watching it. For now, it's really interesting. I also want to rewatch all Marvel movies. I recently bought a new streaming device so now it's very convenient to watch movies/tv shows. I also found many helpful tips here https://www.firesticktricks.com/kodi-live-tv-addons.html and thought it may be useful for many, just check it out.
I did a rewatch of all the Marvel movies up to that point in the Winter/Spring of 2021 (Endgame was the last one). Over the course of ~2 months I watched 22 movies. I was working out of town at the time on a 2 week work/1 week home rotation. I'd come home from work and watch 2~4 movies on my week off, then have to wait 2 weeks to watch the next ones. It was a blast. I throughly enjoyed it. Once phase 4 comes to its conclusion, I may do the same again (I'm not working out of town anymore).

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Also, She-Hulk started off on a strong note, but has fizzled out a bit. It's trying too hard to be Deadpool Lite IMO. And again, the episodes are way too short. Maybe they're setting up West Coast Avengers since she's based in LA (I think?), though I don't recall She-Hulk ever being in that group.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nick Fury is coming back to small screens in a new mini-series: Secret Invasion

jinjuku

jinjuku

Also, She-Hulk started off on a strong note, but has fizzled out a bit. It's trying too hard to be Deadpool Lite IMO. And again, the episodes are way too short. Maybe they're setting up West Coast Avengers since she's based in LA (I think?), though I don't recall She-Hulk ever being in that group.
This is most likely me: Moon Knight spent an entire season on a single characters development and backstory. She-Hulk rushed it all in one episode.

It was just a let down for me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I also liked Love & Thunder. My only gripe was seeing a bunch of cheesy kids with “Thor power” killing monsters. Just stupid cheese to me. Luckily that only took up a small part of the movie.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The She-Hulk episode runtime is too short for character development or much else.

But, it is still entertaining me. That’s all it is doing for me.

There are other “serious” series (like House of the Dragon and Rings of Power) for character development.

She-Hulk is just for FUN. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is most likely me: Moon Knight spent an entire season on a single characters development and backstory. She-Hulk rushed it all in one episode.

It was just a let down for me.
Well, you know we all have different opinions. Moon Knight annoyed the hell out of me the entire season with character development. :D

I do think characters and character development is salient, along with plot. But it also has to be done with the right amount per case, which is different for everyone and every case. It’s not one-size-fit-all.

We are learning more and more (and little by little) about She-Hulk with each episode.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
While not the worst quasi sitcom ever produced, She-Hulk’s CGI is embarrassing to watch. The lead, while expressing some charm and personality, is basically an unknown and isn’t really killing it.

When done well, half hour comedies can work. This thing isn’t paced properly and then just seems to end. You can leave them wanting more when you do it right without making them feel like they were robbed.

It needs to be broader if you want to go down that road using a more capable and proven cast. Seriously, it should have been “Night Court” with Marvel super heroes.

This is where Julia Louis-Dreyfus SHOULD have been introduced to the MCU. She was wasted in the other cameos. F#%k man, get some real talented writers and actors in this f#%ker. Though, Wong is always a welcome addition to any Marvel outing.

I’m working up something in my head now. Thor’s goats eat the Randy’s Donuts sign on a trip to LA and get hauled into court. One of the goats kicks the bailiff out of a window and the other chews on the judge’s robe before Thor and She-Hulk can both contain them. See, it’s not too hard.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Nick Fury is coming back to small screens in a new mini-series: Secret Invasion
From the claw marks on Fury's left face, it is after Capt. Marvel and he still applies his patch. Where does this fit in?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis