MartinLogan Motion 35XTi Bookshelf Speaker Review

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That SUV is quite a 'hoss'. I'm not surprised at your experience driving it in the UK.

Some 5 years ago I spent ~2 weeks driving around England. As an American, the wide variety and quality of UK roads was an eye opener. The motorways and most of the A lettered, even the B roads, were good enough for driving. But the small narrow country lanes – with no letter or number & without shoulders – could be terrifying. These roads were never straight & were usually surrounded by high hedges or stone walls, making it impossible to see oncoming cars or trucks. Yes, large trucks! These roads were so narrow that there was barely enough room for you & any oncoming traffic. After 10 or 20 miles of stressful driving on these roads, I was exhausted. To keep driving distances as short as possible, the SatNav/GPS apps directed us away from roads with wider pavement & painted lane lines, & instead guided us onto those small narrow country lanes – without shoulders.

Blindly following the SatNav/GPS guidance led me into so many white knuckle moments that I was exhausted. I eventually learned to buy a small map that showed the M, A, or B roads. They may have been less direct, but were far easier to drive.
My son referred to driving in the UK as "bonkers"!

The worst was driving up in the Brecon Beacons of Wales.

However even a lot of so called A roads are no fun. There are increasing cases of trucks getting wedged even on the A roads.

Ian Knight

Ian Knight

Audiophyte
I just reread your earlier post. Nothing in it would lead most of our readers here mistake you for a "hifi punter".

If anything, we sometimes harshly jump all over new queries about which amp will improve the poor sound quality of their speakers. It almost always is caused by poor speaker design, especially poor crossover design. You already know that, all too well.

You are quite welcome around here.
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome it is most appreciated.
I look forward to an interesting time on here.
Cheers,
Ian.

Ian Knight

Ian Knight

Audiophyte
My son referred to driving in the UK as "bonkers"!

The worst was driving up in the Brecon Beacons of Wales.

However even a lot of so called A roads are no fun. There are increasing cases of trucks getting wedged even on the A roads.
Bonkers sums it up perfectly!.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis