Mark Levinson 433 vs Parasound 51

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
How about these?
Pass Labs Xs-300 and Xs ?

So what options do we have?
  • You can get the pass labs XS-300
  • you can buy 113 Yamaha P7000S P Series II, not sure why you want 113 of these amps
  • you can get two bridged Yamaha P7000S P Series II and go to Bora Bora on vacation every year for the rest of your life
  • You can spend $2200 extra and get a BMW X5 M and two bridged Yamaha P7000S P Series II
  • you can get yourself a BMW M3 coupe and two bridged Yamaha P7000S P Series II and have $24500 to spend on vacations
  • you can get 8 brand new Mark Levinson 533H and still have $5000 left :eek:
Sorry, no more BMW's already had 3 of them that Fell Apart!

Putting the Amp on hold until we find a big bottle and crank them up again. :D

I know now the EMO was Clipping as the speakers will handle 450W RMS Max. Power, and the EMO can not put out that much power into 6Ω.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
This seems sort off topic now ;), but I finished my quest for a new power amplifier. I decided on the Parasound A51.:D It fit my needs for 5 channels of good clean power, reputable product and service, easy to work with salesman, and convenient.

I passed on the ML due to a worry of cost of repairs and not really knowing how it was “used”.

The Anthem A5 was a nice product, but the A51 provides a little more current.

I would have liked to try several of the pros amplifiers, but I know my wife would have gotten frustrated with me continually auditioning / buying / returning different products.

The sound difference between the A51 and the first generations of Pioneer ICE receiver is night and day.:eek: This is where my new found belief in good pure current originated.
Have you hooked up the Parasound A51?

How does the power RMS and Peak of the amp compare to your speakers max. power ratings? Are they in the same league?

Nice, how much for a Parasound A51? :D One on Audiogon for $3300.

C

canelli

Audioholic
I got the A51 hooked up and running last night. Spend time to clean up the cables and such. It was a lot more work than I expected. My back upper back was a tad sore from placing with the other av stuff.

My speakers are rated for 200 watts, 8 Ohm (real life tested to 6), and 89dB slp. The A51 is 250 watt rms at 8 ohm, and 400 into 4 ohms (rated). Real world is a little less than that.

Nice, how much for a Parasound A51? One on Audiogon for $3300.
Most dealers claimed they can't discount do that due to contracts and such so it might be better to say I got a deep deep deep discount.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
This seems sort off topic now ;), but I finished my quest for a new power amplifier. I decided on the Parasound A51.:D It fit my needs for 5 channels of good clean power, reputable product and service, easy to work with salesman, and convenient.
Congratulations! Enjoy your new amp!

C

canelli

Audioholic
Thanks for the congrats :D I am really enjoying it.

It seems the smart thing to do now is to add some type of cooling to the av cabinet just to help keep the heat down. Anyone have / know of a great solution?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hope you'll be happy with the amp! plz post some feedback later about your experiences :cool:

C

canelli

Audioholic
After spending the day trying to hunt down a good audio cabinet fan, I might just have to piece together something.

I will be sure to come back and post my opinion after some listening time.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Canelli -- Congrats on the nice Amp there, you will enjoy it I am sure. Now you can lift the ceiling tiles up.. :D

Always, nice to have some extra Voltage and Current laying around when looking at the complex characteristic impedance of a speaker as a function of frequency. :D

C

canelli

Audioholic
Always, nice to have some extra Voltage and Current laying around when looking at the complex characteristic impedance of a speaker as a function of frequency.
I was shocked when I looked at the resistance vs frequency plot of my speakers. It became obvious that they were a very dynamic load.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
I was shocked when I looked at the resistance vs frequency plot of my speakers. It became obvious that they were a very dynamic load.
Well, interesting for sure -- actually a speaker is both a DC Resistive load and also Inductive/Capacitive load, making it have a Complex Characteristic Impedance of the DC resistance plus an AC Inductive and Capacitive Reactance.

So in real terms what you are looking at in the plot is Impedance (Ω) vs. Frequency (sec.^-1 = cycles/sec = hertz), and in most plots you will notice a saddle down around 30-50Hz. or so.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis