Marantz SR9600 Flagship A/V Receiver Shipping

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Soooooooo shiney. Drooooooool.... What, where was I? Seriously nice looking machine but I've got a quick question. When do you guys get your hands on one? Also am I reading that right, only THX select certification? For $4200 I would expect UltraII. Also this may just be me but doesn't this guy seem a little outgunned by the Yammie and Denon Flagships. I know the Denon may run $1800 more MSRP. but if I was willing to spend 4 grand I'd be willing to spend 6 for better. Don't get me wrong I love the way it looks, and the stats are pretty good, but it seems a tad overpriced to me. Actually it seems like if you were to throw HDMI switching on the RX-z9 then it would be leading if the two ever went out dancing if you know what I mean. So far from all the new $1500 and up receivers the Yamaha 4600 looks like the best deal. Maybe I'm way out to lunch, lord knows I'm not any kind of authority.

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
Good grief, you have a serious case of upgradeitis! :p Let's see, to a 5400 then a 8400, now coveting the 9600. I dunno, it is big & pretty, but talk about serious overkill! Just looking at it makes my back hurt. I wonder what kind of system would posibly require all those connections? Who would have time to utilize all the toys that would be hooked up; looks to be getting to the point of bells & whistels for their own sake.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I just can't help it, when something is shiney and has lots of buttons I can't look away.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
Take - check this from the first 2 lines
Marantz America, Inc. begins shipping its flagship Model SR9600 THX Ultra 2-certified A/V receiver (SRP: $4,199) with unprecedented launch support and grassroots promotional activities.

It says Ultra 2. Now you can dream in peace!

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Ahh, hidden way down in the first line where i'd never think of looking. :eek:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Also am I reading that right, only THX select certification?
No you must be reading a different press release ;)

Marantz America, Inc. begins shipping its flagship Model SR9600 THX Ultra 2-certified A/V receiver (SRP: $4,199) with unprecedented launch support and grassroots promotional activities.
We requested a review sample so stay tuned....

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I think the SR8500 is about all i can shell out. But its nice to dream :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis