Marantz SR8012 and HDMI 2.1

R

Ras777

Audioholic
Does anyone know if the SR8012 is compatible with HDMI 2.1 either as is or in a future firmware update? On their website it states:
  • Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
Not sure if they're just referring to the firmware upgrade for HLG or eluding to HDMI 2.1. I have read that some manufacturers are putting in chipsets that have enough headroom for a future firmware update to 2.1.

I wish Marantz would be a bit more specific seeing it is their flagship product.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Does anyone know if the SR8012 is compatible with HDMI 2.1 either as is or in a future firmware update? On their website it states:
  • Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
Not sure if they're just referring to the firmware upgrade for HLG or eluding to HDMI 2.1. I have read that some manufacturers are putting in chipsets that have enough headroom for a future firmware update to 2.1.

I wish Marantz would be a bit more specific seeing it is their flagship product.
Denon claimed their upcoming AVC-X8500H and AVR-X8500H will be firmware upgraded to HDMI 2.1 so I would assume the same will be offered for the SR8012.

T

TwinXM

Audiophyte

Per Marantz customer service:

"There are no current plans for the 8012 to receive a 2.1 upgrade. The only model we have announced a 2.1 upgrade for is the AV8805 pre-pro."

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis