Marantz SR7013 - Now Playing, Auto Off

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Wow! That's a huge difference in revenue!

$3,800 million vs $12.7 million?

So Yamaha made about 300 times more than Sound United, which now owns Classe, Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Integra, Pioneer, DefTech, Polk, and few others.

I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 times more, not 300 times more. :eek:
Keep in mind that this is for Yamaha Corporate, so all of their divisions. I haven't gotten a chance to dig to see if they have a separate AV division, though I'm sure they do.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Keep in mind that this is for Yamaha Corporate, so all of their divisions. I haven't gotten a chance to dig to see if they have a separate AV division, though I'm sure they do.
True. Giant Global Corporate. :D

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would be interesting to see Yamaha's home electronics division revenue/profit figures. As far as Sound United vs Yamaha overall, not much of a comparison. Yamaha is far larger of course. Then again Sound United has another organization behind it, DEI. What caught my eye was the 12.7 million revenue figure, though....seems awfully low for the total sales of Denon/Marantz let alone the other brands in the fold. What's the source of that? Bloomberg has them with 100 employees and not much else (I suppose maybe if you subscribe there's more). I see the owler thing with 12.7M estimated revenue if that's the source. Seems most you need to subscribe to get better info. Did find this for DEI Holdings, the parent https://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/dei-holdings-inc-683716-46100?tab=financials

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis