Marantz SR7013 - Now Playing, Auto Off

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
My new SR7013 is working great, but I am running into an issue with the setup -> video -> on screen display -> now playing -> auto off setting.

The AVR continuously displays the now playing screen when streaming Tidal via the Heos input (from remote).

This is not a huge deal, but I would really prefer the black screen after 30 seconds. Have any of you ran into this? Or, do any of you have a suggestion?

I tried customer service, but they are closed on the weekend.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
On my Denon I go to Video - On screen Display - Now Playing - and use Auto off (displays for 30 seconds for various sources).
Might be similar since they use basically same setup.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Yeah, I have it set to auto off, but when streaming via the Heos input the Now Playing screen is always on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Heos doesn't have a separate setting by any chance for video output? Not familiar with that....mine's older than Heos.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
The Heos doesn't have a separate setting by any chance for video output? Not familiar with that....mine's older than Heos.
Nah, I checked in the manual. The path above is supposed to control the "now playing" display. I mean the setting is even called "Now Playing".

I really don't want to have to factory reset this thing again. Hopefully customer service can get me squared away.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nah, I checked in the manual. The path above is supposed to control the "now playing" display. I mean the setting is even called "Now Playing".

I really don't want to have to factory reset this thing again. Hopefully customer service can get me squared away.
Even with the 30 second thing I don't care about the OSD so I just often turn the display off anyways.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Even with the 30 second thing I don't care about the OSD so I just often turn the display off anyways.

Good point. I will have to use the non-ARC hdmi input on my display, but i can make that happen.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Yeah, I don't use any audio from the TV, just like the ease of the TV remote being the ultimate power ON/OFF button.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I don't use any audio from the TV, just like the ease of the TV remote being the ultimate power ON/OFF button.
Easier for the various devices I have to just get a Harmony rather than get the tv remote to be a good universal remote....

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
I have an older version of the Harmony Hub, and will have to look into adding it in. I think I stopped using it because, at the time, I was using my ps4 as a media transport and the Hub could not interact with the PS4 (not Harmony's fault) very well.

That and I use the "setup" and "sound mode" buttons on the Marantz AVR all the time. But maybe Harmony has a solution for that as well.

Thanks for reminding me of this! I may have a couple questions on your Harmony best practices when creating the profiles.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have an older version of the Harmony Hub, and will have to look into adding it in. I think I stopped using it because, at the time, I was using my ps4 as a media transport and the Hub could not interact with the PS4 (not Harmony's fault) very well.

That and I use the "setup" and "sound mode" buttons on the Marantz AVR all the time. But maybe Harmony has a solution for that as well.

Thanks for reminding me of this! I may have a couple questions on your Harmony best practices when creating the profiles.
When I had the PS3 I had the converter to use with the IR remotes...I just use the avr's remote for detailed setup/sound mode changes (which I don't make all that often anyways), believe there wouldn't be a problem in adding it to the Harmony if I spent time doing so, tho I only have the relatively simple 600 & 650 remotes.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

The SR7013 is in the Harmony database, and the "setup" command as well as sound mode commands for music, movie, game and pure. These could be assigned to a hard button or a soft button, depending on the remote.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
I just got off the phone with Marantz customer service.

Yeah, a less than ideal conversation. The rep I was talking to was nasty. She basically walked me through the manual, which I explained to her I had already worked through, and then hung up and sent me a link to their repair services.

With service like that, I'll be looking somewhere else next time.

I mean this is a simple setting issue.

I guess I'll just deal with it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just got off the phone with Marantz customer service.

Yeah, a less than ideal conversation. The rep I was talking to was nasty. She basically walked me through the manual, which I explained to her I had already worked through, and then hung up and sent me a link to their repair services.

With service like that, I'll be looking somewhere else next time.

I mean this is a simple setting issue.

I guess I'll just deal with it.
Sound United's customer service is less than ideal. :) I haven't ever minded mine being on... it's usually only when I'm messing with set-up anyway. Otherwise I have the TV off. Having my computer 4' from my chair doesn't hurt. :)

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Sound United's customer service is less than ideal. :) I haven't ever minded mine being on... it's usually only when I'm messing with set-up anyway. Otherwise I have the TV off. Having my computer 4' from my chair doesn't hurt. :)
My biggest concern is burn in on my plasma display if I, or someone else, gets distracted and leaves the tidal streaming "now playing" just rolling on and on.

We need SVS like customer service across the board.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Good to know! My next processor decision may have just gotten a bit easier.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis