Marantz sr7012 flat bass

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Cmon.

It’s just a portable kitchen speaker. Cmon. Does everything have to be audiophile excellent? However I do have a vintage 90s setup in my garage with 15” woofers and a mid 60s Pontiac with a 4 speed. I think I’m good.
Triple 2bbl?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tempest/Catalina differences are what particularly? Been a while....think I used to know that! Catalinas had more options?

M

MattK2

Enthusiast
Catalina 2 door sedan or more generally a “B Body” (full size) Pontiac. Tempest/LeMans/GTO are “A Body” (intermediate) cars.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A neighbor of ours had a Tempest (pretty sure) with the big engine back in the 60s....he took me for a ride and gassed it.....that was fun!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Redline tires, nice. Is that a crack free dash? Nice.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So what kinda subwoofage is destined for the car? :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Catalina 2 door sedan or more generally a “B Body” (full size) Pontiac. Tempest/LeMans/GTO are “A Body” (intermediate) cars.
Exactly. Like an impala.
A bodies are sister to chevelle, skylark etc.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL yeah I used to know stuff like that about the model tiers....been a while.

M

MattK2

Enthusiast
Say MattK2, how do you like the Vault 2i?
It’s a great concept for playing Hi-Rez flac files, which I have tons. Shared from a MacMini too. Great for hi quality CD burns too. Insert, wait 10 minutes or so. Done. Catalogs it all. I’d say the biggest issue is the app. It pretty much sucks. The support group is quick to respond tho.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It’s (Bose system) just a portable kitchen speaker. Cmon. Does everything have to be audiophile excellent?
We’re sorry to inform you that your backup Man-Card has also been revoked. :D :D

P.S. To get reinstated, you must sell those Bose STAT. :D

D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Do not use Dynamic Eq or volume. Just use the auto set up for levels and distance. That is all you ever want to use on Denon Marantz. The Audyssey system is just an awful Eq system. If you have good speakers you do NOT need Audyssey Eq. I also highly doubt that Audyssey can improve poor ones.

The only thing I have found Audyssey to be good at, is making good systems sound awful.

I personally believe, and I think with good reason, that Audyssey is based on false precepts. Just avoid it like the plague and you will enjoy your system again.
I owned a Denon x6200 a while ago. This was before the Audyssey app. I did not care for it (either reference or flat). After calibration I increased the sub(s) 3-4 db or so and it ok but didn't ever sound right to me. FF to Audyssey with the app and I find it quite good. I would say it is as good as anything below 300hz-500hz. If you EQ higher than 1K I think you really need to do before/after measurements with REW to see what it does. With the app, if you limit the frequency range, turn off MRC, it is very good. Good result can be had at higher frequencies but it takes more care/fiddling that something such as Dirac. YMMV

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis