killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Actually the Marantz also had XT32, HDAM is more a marketing angle for Marantz (Denon has AL24 or AL32 processing on some units, not sure about that one....I have one Denon with AL24 and one with AL32, have no idea what difference it makes except for marketing).
Marantz 5013 has XT, not XT32. Check it out. İf it had XT32 i would stay on marantz..,6013 has XT32

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Parallel universe :) marantz 5013 has multEQ XT. Not XT32. Let me check it out
Usually the mfr webpage is the best source....but not always. I see in the spec listing for sound enhancements they show it as only XT. Maybe somebody in marketing was a little bleary eyed....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Actually the Marantz also had XT32, HDAM is more a marketing angle for Marantz (Denon has AL24 or AL32 processing on some units, not sure about that one....I have one Denon with AL24 and one with AL32, have no idea what difference it makes except for marketing).
The SR5013 only has XT, same as on the 5010, 5011 and 5012.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So am i taking the Denon 3500H?
I would since it has the XT32 feature, which is a big advantage over the XT for EQing frequencies below 300 Hz with the optional Audyssey app.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
By all accounts, the Denon 3500 is more in line with the Marantz sr60xx series, If I Recall Correctly.
I would be more inclined to put my money at that level of device, than anything lower on the pole.

Oh yeah... I did! :p The 6012 from Marantz has been pretty solid. Mine came with a hard-to-diagnose problem in the video board, but I got it taken care of under warranty and it has been fine since.

Make certain the Denon has all the features/connectivity you need... I think it's the smarter purchase, if it has the features you want.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis