M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
I was offered a Marantz SR7010 for $500 or an SR7012 for $1000, both used in good condition. I'm wondering how important the upgrades were over the years. I'm primarily going to use the receiver to power a 5.1 surround system. I stream most 4k content from Netflix/Amazon through my Xbox one X?

Are there enough differences between the older and newer model to justify the $500 difference?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I was offered a Marantz SR7010 for $500 or an SR7012 for $1000, both used in good condition. I'm wondering how important the upgrades were over the years. I'm primarily going to use the receiver to power a 5.1 surround system. I stream most 4k content from Netflix/Amazon through my Xbox one X?

Are there enough differences between the older and newer model to justify the $500 difference?
The SR7012 has a few upgrades in the preamp section, and it can use the Audyssey Editor App. $1,000, if in the US and Canada, that's not very good. Only about a month ago the current model SR7013 was on sale at Bestbuy and Amazon for $1,249, that's US$ 949, brand new.

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
Thank you for the reply butI think you're mistaken about the price. The current model (7013) is $2100 new. There's a refurb available for $1400 but it's never been as low as $1000

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The SR7012 has a few upgrades in the preamp section, and it can use the Audyssey Editor App. $1,000, if in the US and Canada, that's not very good. Only about a month ago the current model SR7013 was on sale at Bestbuy and Amazon for $1,249, that's US$ 949, brand new.
Yup. You can pick up a SR7012 through AC4L for $1000 US. My experience with them has always been a good one. The equipment I've bought from them is indistinguishable from brand new and I've never had a problem with anything.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you for the reply butI think you're mistaken about the price. The current model (7013) is $2100 new. There's a refurb available for $1400 but it's never been as low as $1000
It has been that low and probably will be again. You just have to keep an eye out for the specials. For the record, I think I'd rather have a refurb 7013 over a used 7012.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I said it was about a month ago and it was the Canadian Bestbuy and Amazon.ca. No mistake!! I had one in my cart, thinking of buying it as a backup to my AVR-x4400H but changed my mind later.

Don't pay more than US$10000 for the 7013. Just wait and you will be rewarded, unless you can't wait..

M

mbl11428

Audioholic Intern
I said it was about a month ago and it was the Canadian Bestbuy and Amazon.ca. No mistake!! I had one in my cart, thinking of buying it as a backup to my AVR-x4400H but changed my mind later.

Don't pay more than US$10000 for the 7013. Just wait and you will be rewarded, unless you can't wait..
Thanks for the input. I am on a bit of a time crunch, so I ended up buying a Marantz refurb 7012 for $999. Should be more than enough for what I need right now

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the input. I am on a bit of a time crunch, so I ended up buying a Marantz refurb 7012 for $999. Should be more than enough for what I need right now
That is a fine receiver at a good price.
I think you'll find that the refurbished units from A4L are the way to go if you can't wait for the clearance sales.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Damn i bought the marantz 5013. I can sell lt and take denon3500 i wont pay much...should i do?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Return no. I can sell it to a high price because its new. And i will add a small amount to take the denon 3500.
They said me HDAM and current feedback (something like this) is better.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Return no. I can sell it to a high price because its new. And i will add a small amount to take the denon 3500.
They said me HDAM and current feedback (something like this) is better.
Don't let @PENG see you say that! Actually I just pinged him so he can explain. Peng is an ee and his consensus is that HDAM is more gimmick than anything that translates into audible improvements. The SR5011 is a fine receiver tho. If you're taking a big loss in reselling it I'd just keep it. Given the choice beforehand tho I would have gotten the 3500 for the same reason Verdinut would.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Don't let @PENG see you say that! Actually I just pinged him so he can explain. Peng is an ee and his consensus is that HDAM is more gimmick than anything that translates into audible improvements. The SR5011 is a fine receiver tho. If you're taking a big loss in reselling it I'd just keep it. Given the choice beforehand tho I would have gotten the 3500 for the same reason Verdinut would.
How much would you pay in spot, to swap the two mentioned receivers?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How much would you pay in spot, to swap the two mentioned receivers?
How much did you pay for the SR5011 and how much for the 3500? Were they new or used? Same person/place? Do you have a buyer for the 5011?

*Edit: Did you already buy the 5011 then ask? Verdinut answered you within 20 minutes, lol.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
How much did you pay for the SR5011 and how much for the 3500? Were they new or used? Same person/place? Do you have a buyer for the 5011?

*Edit: Did you already buy the 5011 then ask? Verdinut answered you within 20 minutes, lol.
I am talking about marantz 5013, not 5011. 5013 even better i guess

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
İ found a buyer, i can give my Marantz 5013 and take Denon 3500H. With a very low add on in money
Just HDAM marantz has, denon has Audyssey XT32.
So what do you think guys,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
İ found a buyer, i can give my Marantz 5013 and take Denon 3500H. With a very low add on in money
Just HDAM marantz has, denon has Audyssey XT32.
So what do you think guys,
Actually the Marantz also had XT32, HDAM is more a marketing angle for Marantz (Denon has AL24 or AL32 processing on some units, not sure about that one....I have one Denon with AL24 and one with AL32, have no idea what difference it makes except for marketing).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis