Marantz cinema 40 issues

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Yes, I tried both ntfs as well as fat32. Just for your information, even if I don't use usb then also operating avr using my Sony a90k remote takes 2-3 second per command.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, I tried both ntfs as well as fat32. Just for your information, even if I don't use usb then also operating avr using my Sony a90k remote takes 2-3 second per command.
How about folder or file count and type of files? Not unusual to have some delays with usb while the files load, and can be slow in going thru folders/files too, at least that's the case with the several avrs I use. Can't speak to your tv's remote particularly, but doubt that's got much to do with it. Is the usb stick itself unusual somehow?

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Slowness is independent of number of files and formats. As sold, even if you don't use usn then also taking command from TV remote to avr takes 2-3 seconds

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Slowness is independent of number of files and formats. As sold, even if you don't use usn then also taking command from TV remote to avr takes 2-3 seconds
How about using Marantz remote or manual avr panel controls? The files do play now, just slowness is your complaint?

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
If I use C40 remote to operate AVR, it very fast and no slowness at all.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
I used yamaha with my sony tv since last couple of years and it never gave me a slowness issues using sony remote.

It's not only matter of slowness but also hang issues amd humming noise, sometime sounds muted and sometimes restart to fix these things.

Another thing is related to track/folders sequence. Like in yamaha it shows alphabetically arrangement but this C40 gives a random sequence of folders.

Not a good experience with marantz but they may provide fix over the time by firmware update.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I used yamaha with my sony tv since last couple of years and it never gave me a slowness issues using sony remote.

It's not only matter of slowness but also hang issues amd humming noise, sometime sounds muted and sometimes restart to fix these things.

Another thing is related to track/folders sequence. Like in yamaha it shows alphabetically arrangement but this C40 gives a random sequence of folders.

Not a good experience with marantz but they may provide fix over the time by firmware update.
Are the hang issues and humming sound and mute only with the usb input using the tv remote? Do these go away when not using the tv remote?

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Hard to say if these issues are with or without usb but these comes using with C40 remote as well.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Just to let you know that even I use C40 to operate avr it is slow BUT not as slow as using A90K remote.
Changing command using C40 remote may take 0.5 sec and using A90K, it takes 2-3 seconds

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just to let you know that even I use C40 to operate avr it is slow BUT not as slow as using A90K remote.
Changing command using C40 remote may take 0.5 sec and using A90K, it takes 2-3 seconds
Then stop using the tv remote? Maybe you're a candidate for a better universal remote....

C

CharlesJones166

Audioholic Intern
1. Update firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your AV receiver. Firmware updates often address performance issues and improve stability. Visit the manufacturer's website or consult the user manual for instructions on how to update the firmware.

2. Check HDMI cable: Ensure that you are using a high-quality HDMI cable that supports the eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) feature. Faulty or low-quality cables can cause slow processing and intermittent audio interruptions. Try using a different HDMI cable to see if the issue persists.

3. USB playback: Make sure that the USB drive you are using is formatted correctly and that the audio files are supported by the AV receiver. Try using a different USB drive or copying the files to a different format to see if the issue is resolved. Additionally, check if there are any firmware updates specifically addressing USB playback issues.

4. Arrange folders/tracks: If the folders and tracks are not arranged correctly, ensure that you have organized them properly on the USB drive. Check the user manual or reach out to customer support for guidance on how to structure and organize your files for optimal playback.

5. Remote compatibility: Verify if the remote control is properly paired with the AV receiver and that the correct codes or settings are configured for controlling external devices such as your Sony TV A90K. Consult the user manual for instructions on how to set up the remote control properly.

6. Reset/restart: If the AV receiver hangs or becomes unresponsive, try performing a factory reset or power cycling the device. This can help resolve temporary issues or software glitches. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset or restart.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Hi, please dinf below comments
1) yesterday 24th only, new firmware was released and updated to my C40. Nothing change
2)using ultra hdmi 2.1 certified cable to connect C40 and Sony a90k TV
3) used fat32, ntfs formated (32 gb usb/512gb storage) usb with lossless content 44.1kHz/16bit, 1411kbps.
4) tracks/folder are not showing sequence (meaning not in alphabetical order) l. When I take this usb out from avr and kept in laptop, the sequence of tracks and folder are showing correctly. So it's something, avr is changing the sequence.
5) C40 is connected with siny A90K with eARC cable on appropriate port. When I use A90K remote and switch it on, my tv and C40 comes up. No issues here . BUT, when both tv and C40 is off and I use C40 remote to power on, only C40 comes up and tv remains on stand by mode meaning TV doesn't come up.
6) already did the factory resetting as well as revert the firmware update bit o success.

Laika2

Laika2

Enthusiast
I run a 512 gig usb on my 6700 and 8015, I had issues, missing songs, crashes and sluggishness. I have spent the past month redoing them. They are now flawless, 1200 FLAC CDs on both, I can access either USB from either receiver so I divided them by artist, A-N on one, O-Z on the other. Long ago I read that Denon Marantz did not like inbedded artwork over 500 pixels and noticed that one's over 1000 x1000 would cause tracks to not show, sluggishness and crashes. I used tagnrename to reduce all imbeded art to 400 or less if all ready under 400. Unfortunately I could not find a way to do it in bulk, you can do it folder by folder to do one full CD rip with a couple button presses. I did weed out junk in the folders too, if you reduce all inbedded art to 500 or less and only have the songs and a Playlist in each folder things really speed up. I can now scroll from top to bottom with absolutely no pauses or sluggishness, even if I am reading the other recivers USB. Everything is in the right place, no more missings or unknown artists. I added about 50 at a time after I was done, if at some point I had unknowns that were tagged right, chrashes or sluggishness I jacked the USB stick back in the laptop and sure enough over and over I had missed shrinking inbedded art in a folder, normally about 1400 x 1400,just had to shrink it and all was good.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I run a 512 gig usb on my 6700 and 8015, I had issues, missing songs, crashes and sluggishness. I have spent the past month redoing them. They are now flawless, 1200 FLAC CDs on both, I can access either USB from either receiver so I divided them by artist, A-N on one, O-Z on the other. Long ago I read that Denon Marantz did not like inbedded artwork over 500 pixels and noticed that one's over 1000 x1000 would cause tracks to not show, sluggishness and crashes. I used tagnrename to reduce all imbeded art to 400 or less if all ready under 400. Unfortunately I could not find a way to do it in bulk, you can do it folder by folder to do one full CD rip with a couple button presses. I did weed out junk in the folders too, if you reduce all inbedded art to 500 or less and only have the songs and a Playlist in each folder things really speed up. I can now scroll from top to bottom with absolutely no pauses or sluggishness, even if I am reading the other recivers USB. Everything is in the right place, no more missings or unknown artists. I added about 50 at a time after I was done, if at some point I had unknowns that were tagged right, chrashes or sluggishness I jacked the USB stick back in the laptop and sure enough over and over I had missed shrinking inbedded art in a folder, normally about 1400 x 1400,just had to shrink it and all was good.
I'd heard of this before and forgotten, think you may have it! All the artwork I use is small, too.

A

anilsachan

Enthusiast
Anyone facing marantz cinema 40 hang issue ? It stops during audio track play using USB.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis