Marantz AV7705 for a 2 channel system

M

MikeNeedsMore

Audiophyte
I wanted to see if I could get some input from some of you guys that have more knowledge then me.

I recently relocated for a new job, sold my house, and decided to rent for a year or two before buying another home. The floor plan of the rental isn't very home theater friendly unless I do in wall/ceiling speaker and the landlord isn't going to let me do that.

I want to set up a 2.1 channel system for tv and music. My primary goal for the system will be music for now, I want to start dabbling in vinyl. When I purchase a new house in 1-2 years the I plan on installing the biggest and baddest home theater system I can fit and afford when the time comes.

I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new Marantz AV7705 processor for around $1500 from a friend.

Do you guys think the AV7705 will offer solid 2 channel music reproduction? Or would it be better to purchase a 2 channel processor and wait on a home theater processor until I am ready? If I buy a processor, I would try to find something cheap ($500-$600) range. Music is the goal for now, home theater is the goal in the future.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Think there is no warranty if not bought from authorized dealer.

M

MikeNeedsMore

Audiophyte
I'm not to worried about the warranty but let's pretend for a while that it did have full a warranty. My biggest concern with this unit is 2 channel music performance vs a processor that is designed with 2 channel music reproduction as a primary goal.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I wanted to see if I could get some input from some of you guys that have more knowledge then me.

I recently relocated for a new job, sold my house, and decided to rent for a year or two before buying another home. The floor plan of the rental isn't very home theater friendly unless I do in wall/ceiling speaker and the landlord isn't going to let me do that.

I want to set up a 2.1 channel system for tv and music. My primary goal for the system will be music for now, I want to start dabbling in vinyl. When I purchase a new house in 1-2 years the I plan on installing the biggest and baddest home theater system I can fit and afford when the time comes.

I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new Marantz AV7705 processor for around $1500 from a friend.

Do you guys think the AV7705 will offer solid 2 channel music reproduction? Or would it be better to purchase a 2 channel processor and wait on a home theater processor until I am ready? If I buy a processor, I would try to find something cheap ($500-$600) range. Music is the goal for now, home theater is the goal in the future.
For that budget, if you are in North America, the $600 AVR-X3400H will hold you over for sure.
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVRX3400H-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B072Z9ZGSZ

I compared it to my AV8801 and Cambridge Audio preamp, the $600 unit was impressively competitive.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis