Mar a Lago raided by FBI

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This timeline has been brutal for The Onion writers
FBI Sent Itemized Bill For 12-Hour Stay At Mar-A-Lago
https://www.theonion.com/fbi-sent-itemized-bill-for-12-hour-stay-at-mar-a-lago-1849403046

PALM BEACH, FLORIDA—Faxing the government agency a detailed invoice days after a raid at the property, a Mar-A-Lago front desk employee reportedly sent the FBI an itemized bill Friday for their 12-hour stay at the resort. “Thank you for visiting Mar-A-Lago, please find an itemized invoice of your expenses attached,” said guest services agent Marie Burns, following up with a courtesy call to the FBI to confirm receipt of the more than $4,500 outstanding bill, which she reminded them must be paid within 72 hours or become subject to a 25% penalty fee every day it went unpaid. “As you can see, failing to vacate the room you were occupying before our standard 11 a.m. checkout time resulted in a second full-night charge of $2,000, as our records indicate you remained on the premises until 8 p.m., with several members of your party milling about the golf course and club on their breaks without purchasing a visitor’s pass—valued at $350 for the day or a yearly membership of $14,000. Plus, you’ll notice a resort fee of $50 per extra person in the room beyond two adults, and our daily parking rate for the 20 armored vehicles you left with our valets. And we did have to double the cleaning fee, seeing as you all left quite the mess of boxes and papers behind. If you’d like to dispute any of these charges, you’ll have to take them up with your personal financial institution, which in your case would be Congress.” Burns went on to explain that since she didn’t know how to charge the agency for the documents they removed from the property, that would show up on the bill as “stolen towels.”

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And, if this hasn't been posted yet, Breaking News:Trump is under investigation under Espionage Act and two other charges at least. 10 years for espionage act violation, others 3 to 5 years or so, the 5 years is his felony classified document handling.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Also anyone would be foolish not to think the the FBI, CIA, etc hasn't been and or still isn't corrupt. We have seen 1st hand how corrupt local law enforcement is around this country. Eyes wide open guys stay diligent, expect the worst but hope for the best.
The best? Yes, if he gets 10 years, that is the best ;) :D Espionage charges are serious.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Putin is only the first to come to mind as a potential buyer of such documents. ...
Yep, he could make a fortune making copies and selling them to a good number of interested principals.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The Chicago Tribune and Nixon cases you mentioned are interesting.

In my post I was referring to the public battle between DOJ and Trump. Trump seems to have the advantage because he can say almost anything he wants (other than disclosing classified information, of course, but I suspect he'd want to say there wasn't any), whereas the DOJ is very limited (in part due to it's own rules against going public with information concerning a criminal investigation).

I'm not sure how it would actually play out in court. Here's 18 U.S.C 1924

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).

(c) In this section, the term “classified information of the United States” means information originated, owned, or possessed by the United States Government concerning the national defense or foreign relations of the United States that has been determined pursuant to law or Executive order to require protection against unauthorized disclosure in the interests of national security.

Sandy Berger and Patraeus both pleaded guilty under section 1924:

This law has new and improved teeth due to the 2018 changes signed into law by Trump:

I have not reviewed the court filings in the Berger and Patraeus cases, so take the following with a grain of salt (or 2)(heck, throw in a margarita). My extremely rudimentary understanding is that the DOJ would only need to prove that the documents were classified, not the actual contents of the documents. Documents are required to be marked:

It seems to me that the prosecutor could present redacted documents that retain the security markings. The trier of fact (judge or jury) could decide if this is sufficient to show that the document contained "classified information of the United States." Presumably, additional evidence (e.g. witnesses) could be entered to support the assertion that the unredacted documents contained classified information.

Just Security has a pretty decent overview of the various federal laws that might apply.

From this website:

>>>18 U.S.C. 2071 – Concealment, Removal, or Mutilation Generally

This is perhaps the most-discussed statute since the search, including because it carries as one of its penalties the possible disqualification from holding public office. (Whether that disqualification could apply to the presidency, or whether it would be an impermissible variation of the constitutionally established qualifications for that office, is a question for another day.)<<<

Given that it is now another day, here's my answer to the question: "Yes."

Further affiant sayeth not.
Which one did Trumpster himself expand to a felony and 5 years? ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

holy ducking poop. Espionage Act. Let it sink in.
TS-SCI material at his house? Just WOW.
That stuff is guarded like crazy.

ps. 21 boxes, and much more, cannot pause tv

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Things is, can the FBI prove he did anything. :D
At this point, they likely don't need to prove anything.
I know your post is a little tongue in cheek, but everything the Trump Magaphone is producing is just smokescreen.
The simple fact that the documents were in his private residence is proof enough. Even at the lesser crime of mishandling classified documents which he made law, he is behind the eight ball on this one.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I know your post is a little tongue in cheek, but everything the Trump Magaphone is producing is just smokescreen.
The simple fact that the documents were in his private residence is proof enough. Even at the lesser crime of mishandling classified documents which he made law, he is behind the eight ball on this one.
Nothing is gonna happen. The Democratic party came out with this right before midterms pretty obvious. Lolo..
Screenshot_20220812-165349~3.png

:p;)
@ryanosaur of course, they are my post that is. Can you are anyone on AH know of any past or present president that's gotten locked up? If not, than why not? it comes with the Job.. impunity! Now there has been some who have been assassinated. Kennedy, Lincoln just to name two. There has been presidential elections that was stolen. Was Trump's election stolen? and if so by who? Does anyone really believe that Joe Biden, or Trump or any other president hasn't used a body double? Who really is running this country? China? Central bankers? Or is the Roman Catholic Church really running this country? It's Satan I tell you! Wait till you guy's wake up and see the Antichrist standing next.
Screenshot_20220711-182332~2.png

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes, he expanded that law to a felony with 5 years. Espionage is 10 years. consecutively served, not concurrently is not enough. Life

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Now the security people will be tied up for a long time assessing the damage, possible damage this has or could cause.
THIS is unprecedented to say the least.

ps. and he had these for a year and a half. Who else had access or copies?

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you have facts, pound on facts. If you have law pound on law. If you have nothing, pound on the table.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Also, what comes to mind right now, did the Secret Service personnel in Mar A Lago see or knew about any government documents there?
Are they also exposed for not reporting? Are their phones scrubbed?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis