Matt34

Matt34

Agreed. Nice and clean, and those new towers look great.

I'm getting another amp to power these tower though. Even though they are somewhat efficient at 90 dB, I think the multi-driver configuration would enough some more power.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm getting another amp to power these tower though. Even though they are somewhat efficient at 90 dB, I think the multi-driver configuration would enough some more power.
Have you hooked up your LPA-1 to check how that sounds with them, or is that already packed up to sell?

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Stop putting my setup to shame. It really hurts!

-pat

(still in negotiations with the wife if one is still available.)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Cool set up there Matt34! How do you like the Monitor 70s? Nice looking speaker.

Matt34

Matt34

Cool set up there Matt34! How do you like the Monitor 70s? Nice looking speaker.
I like them so far. I listened to them all day yesterday with a variety of music(sub was in play x-over at 80hz) and honestly they don't do anything outright wrong. The highs are not bright at all, in fact I think the Infinity Beta 20 are a little more detailed. The mid-range is obviously more pronounced with the monitor.

Matt34

Matt34

Well, I won't be getting the Velodyne. Just got an email saying they are out of stock and wouldn't be receiving any new shipments. I had ordered it through the Military exchange web site as that was the cheapest place I found it.
I may try out aperion as they have an open box bravus 10D for 650.

Matt34

Matt34

Got my cables from Ascend today, very nice looking quality cables, I'll post the pics tomorrow. Still deciding on sub(s) at this point, I'm considering just getting a pair of lower cost subs with a SMS-1.

I also have a Apple TV 40g on order.

Matt34

Matt34

I got the Apple TV set up this evening, very cool and easy to use so far. Catching up on some Terminator: SCC I had downloaded previously.

Matt34

Matt34

Ordered my "apartment" sub today, a SVS PB-10.:D I think I may use it with the PA-120 for now in this living room and then sell the PA-120 when we move out.

P.S- Battlestar Galactica is the best show ever!!! Finishing up the last 4-5 episodes of season 4 tonight.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered my "apartment" sub today, a SVS PB-10.:D I think I may use it with the PA-120 for now in this living room and then sell the PA-120 when we move out.

P.S- Battlestar Galactica is the best show ever!!! Finishing up the last 4-5 episodes of season 4 tonight.
That should be a decent combination there Matt34. That PA-120 seems like a great sub for the price, and well, we know the PB-10 is also.

Matt34

Matt34

I've had a pb-10 before but not with the new 3.5 inch port. Should offer some cleaner output.

I'm anxious to test out the pa-120, we will get to see what it can do with the sms-1.

I may cross the pb-10 over at 40-30hz and use it for only the ulfe.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic

Your right there Battlestar is some good stuff! I started watching the series on DVD with the wife, amazingly she is total into it. She keeps asking when we will get the next disc from netflix. We are on season two right now. It's cool they are gonna do some spin off shows.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I used to watch Battlestar religiously until they moved it to 10:00pm on Sunday nights! What the hell was that about? Friday evening is a much more accessible time slot. Now I have to borrow it from all my friends...

-pat

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis