LoTR: The Rings of Power

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The court/family intrigue is a bit slow and not particularly interesting, or maybe just not put together interestingly as mentioned, seems they could have done that in a way we get the info without the wait....now, where's that action stuff with dragons and fire and zombies etc.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The court/family intrigue is a bit slow and not particularly interesting, or maybe just not put together interestingly as mentioned, seems they could have done that in a way we get the info without the wait....now, where's that action stuff with dragons and fire and zombies etc.
I would think a lot of episodes down the road. But its a story not a game/war movie. :)The pace is about right, although I wish they were closer to the book (Silmarillion ), but since they couldn't so we have made up characters and characters going a direction of Amazons choosing. So far ok.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like where they are going with it for the most part, but it is very slow to develop. It goes in chunks, picks up for a bit and then goes slow again. With a lot of storylines, it seems they can't really figure out how to package and pace it all. I was not expecting all action since we know these background stories take a while to develop.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The
I would think a lot of episodes down the road. But its a story not a game/war movie. :)The pace is about right, although I wish they were closer to the book (Silmarillion ), but since they couldn't so we have made up characters and characters going a direction of Amazons choosing. So far ok.
I think I was distracted...my comment was more for the new Game of Thrones series, both of which I've been watching. :) Altho does apply somewhat to this show as well.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lol. it did sound like that's what you were talking about. That one sort of had a flub of an episode this week too though.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think they have a lot of good story elements. They just don't seem to know how to pull them together in a way that makes the story interesting. Most recent episode was pretty blah.
I think they are taking a while to build the story up, giving them the opportunity to develop the characters. I get teh slow pace, but I have confidence it will start to pick up next episode. I am enjoying it. Unlike House of Dragons where every episode is turning into a time jump using new actors. Still waiting for one character in that series who I actually give a damn about.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The

I think I was distracted...my comment was more for the new Game of Thrones series, both of which I've been watching. :) Altho does apply somewhat to this show as well.....

Well if we all just keep the topic on topic , some of us will not get sidelined to the other show, which I haven't even started watching as yet. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Expanse was a slow moving series but it turned out to be one of the best sci-fi series out there.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It sure was, slow and good at the end.
Expanse was good through season 4, part of 5, then downhill. Books are excellent and I highly recommend them.

Nine books, not including the novellas are 10000x times better. I just finished Leviathan Wakes two days ago which concludes the big story and explains a lot more detail behind the rings.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The first season was enjoyable and had a lot of ground to cover, so I wish there where more episodes. The finale did bring much of it together.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The first season was enjoyable and had a lot of ground to cover, so I wish there where more episodes. The finale did bring much of it together.
Eager to see it tonight.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I've tried to watch this but it's absolute poop. It's like a series produced with clipart.

Case in point: SE1E5 at 1:02:30 with the sequence ending with him looking into the distance gallantly. Gag me with a spoon.
I couldn't keep watching after the 3rd episode. It's just too boring to me. Not every scene has to be action packed but damn.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I couldn't keep watching after the 3rd episode. It's just too boring to me. Not every scene has to be action packed but damn.
It definitely picks up in the later episodes, but it was slow getting there. Will watch this week's episode this weekend.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Just wish these writers and directors of the ROP would have just followed the writings a little better. Like it would have been simple for the writers to actually use Saurons name to the Elves as the Rings were created. . Traditionally, Sauron appears to the Elves as "Annatar" and guides them toward making all nineteen Rings of Power. And what happens to the other 19 rings. There's still sixteen Rings of Power yet to be crafted - those that'll later be handed out to Dwarves and Men and of course Sauron creates the one ring in MT Doom. Will we see that. Unknown, but its a rewritten attempt, the Age's are wrong for Sauron and The Stranger if the guy turns out to be Gandalf, which I think he is, actually came to Middle Earth in the Third Age not second, and the same goes for Saruman ( 3rd Age) but ! its a change of writings. And what happened to Galadriel, as she being born right before the first age, she possessed a tremendous amount of magical powers, plus she was already married to her husband, Celeborn. Where the heck were those. But looking forward to season 2 to see if they show Sauron building of the black gates among other topics.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Can you put that in spoiler tags? I watched it, but others might not have.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis