Looking for a sub driver that can hit 20 hz

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That design I posted is NOT a band pass design, but it is isobarik. However Hoffman's iron law holds, as the reduced cabinet size come with a 3db loss in sensitivity.
I was just noting another option (possibly) for a smaller box with a 15" driver is all...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I was just noting another option (possibly) for a smaller box with a 15" driver is all...
Band pass speakers are hopeless in an AV environment as the bandwidth is too narrow. They will not encompass the bandwidth of the LFE channel, unless they are very high Qt designs, and then you have the "Bose Ponk." But even with a design like that with poor quality bass if you extend to 120 Hz, then you will loose the last octave.
Band pass subs are only of use in an audio only system, and you also pay a sensitivity penalty big time.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
How hard are those kits to build did you use a plate amp or a pro amp ?
I might check see if they got any smaller sub kits . That’s a 18” sub that fits in the box you have same size and better then my mediocre diy job lol.
awsome looking sub the ultimax has a 12” also ? Ouch it’s still 65 pounds for the 12”.
It's in NINaudio's signature: ;)

| Salk Song3 mains and center | NHT Superzero 2.1 surrounds | Denon AVR-X4500H | Ultimax 18" powered by a Crown XLS1502 | MiniDSP 2x4 HD | Samsung UN55H7150 | NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | Sony Blu-Ray Player |

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It's in NINaudio's signature: ;)

| Salk Song3 mains and center | NHT Superzero 2.1 surrounds | Denon AVR-X4500H | Ultimax 18" powered by a Crown XLS1502 | MiniDSP 2x4 HD | Samsung UN55H7150 | NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | Sony Blu-Ray Player |
My internet must be glitched I don’t see his signature . Mine or anyones lol safari… iPhone :rolleyes: :D

S

ssmokeyy

Junior Audioholic
I really need to add some info. So this sub only need to play up to 45hz. Could be lower. I have two martin logen 12 inch subs that will handle upper range. I really just want this sub to hit 35hz and lower really trying to get that 17hz. But I know with my space it will be hard to do. I know now why I haven't ever built a isobaric box. So many things u have to know before u try.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I really need to add some info. So this sub only need to play up to 45hz. Could be lower. I have two martin logen 12 inch subs that will handle upper range. I really just want this sub to hit 35hz and lower really trying to get that 17hz. But I know with my space it will be hard to do. I know now why I haven't ever built a isobaric box. So many things u have to know before u try.
Yeah I’ve never even heard of isobaric is it a type of band pass? A sealed will give you 30hz flat a ported can get you 17hz more ulf than a sealed sub. Can’t get both unless you make a big sealed box and I don’t think they’re worth it that’s what I did .

S

ssmokeyy

Junior Audioholic
So this 15 inch with a 18 inch passive does anyone have a model that shows what size and subs to use to get that 17 hz?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So this 15 inch with a 18 inch passive does anyone have a model that shows what size and subs to use to get that 17 hz?
Dono that guy used this software, I forgot what I used … my laptop, broke.
38F761A3-52DD-4A73-A1FE-01F26156AE26.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis