Looking for a new receiver.

Hench4Life

Hench4Life

Junior Audioholic
I'm thinking just a really early adoption of hdmi still thinking it was all about the tv? I can't imagine why I'd want to be so limited myself. Maybe that's why I've never heard of another avr that does this. I'd just use the workaround suggested in the manual or get another avr.
I just looked at amazon customer reviews on this thing (goes back to 2008), and one guy was warning about this HDMI issue in 2011, still giving it 3 stars. I can't remember my d class Panasonic receiver model (ex has it), but it's of a similar vintage and didn't have this "feature".

But you're right, it just seems like HDMI has been around forever, but it wasn't really the standard it is until recently.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I just looked at amazon customer reviews on this thing (goes back to 2008), and one guy was warning about this HDMI issue in 2011, still giving it 3 stars. I can't remember my d class Panasonic receiver model (ex has it), but it's of a similar vintage and didn't have this "feature".

But you're right, it just seems like HDMI has been around forever, but it wasn't really the standard it is until recently.
HDMI stabilized significantly with version 2.0a but version 2.1 will be here soon on AVRs. Lets see if that one is buggy or not.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, really? Is this a special case?
Would you want an avr with hdmi input that couldn't utilize the audio from the hdmi at all but forced pass-thru to a tv? Seems pretty insane to me to bother....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis