F

fred1942

Audioholic Intern
My LG tv has a horizontal green bar that says alert. It is about 4 inches from bottom of screen and extends from the middle of the screen to the right side. Can this be fixed?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My LG tv has a horizontal green bar that says alert. It is about 4 inches from bottom of screen and extends from the middle of the screen to the right side. Can this be fixed?
What sort of TV is it? If it is OLED it will need a new screen. It will be expensive if out of warranty, but probably worth it. If it is a LED TV, may or may not be worth it, depending on age and value. I'm suspecting this is an OLED TV with a row of stuck pixels, but please enlighten us.

highfigh

highfigh

Go to YouTube and search for what you saw- you would need to enter LG followed by the model number, then 'green bar with alert'.

Where are you located? Some places have regional service centers who can make repairs on out of warranty TVs.

F

fred1942

Audioholic Intern
It is an OLED. Any idea about the cost to fix this?
OLED65CP7
Out of warranty.
Tampa , Florida area.
662E4EED-37E4-4754-BEA9-D7B6EF419E77.jpeg

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That looks like burn-in to me.

That's rare to see on the newer OLED displays, but happens when a static image is left on the TV for hours upon hours. Potentially with gaming, but even then, rare.

highfigh

highfigh

Check the manual for a way to remove 'Image Retention'.

If it doesn't have anything that's easy to find, set the input to Tuner and go to a station that doesn't exist, so it shows 'snow' which you may have seen when the tuner wasn't on the correct channel with no programming. Leave it that way and go out for lunch, a run, shopping, whatever- let it go for about an hour and check to see if the image has been reduced.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis