LG CX - HDMI CEC AVR Power

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
See my post in the htpc sub forum on HDCP. It might be helpful

B

Bullseye198

Audiophyte
You sure you have hdmi cec turned off in each unit?
Yes. Not only that, I ordered HDMI CEC Blocker adapter that has disabled pin 13 which is responsible for CEC. Still turns on my AVR. I now even breked the pin 13 completely. AVR turned on. I will absolutely become insane from this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. Not only that, I ordered HDMI CEC Blocker adapter that has disabled pin 13 which is responsible for CEC. Still turns on my AVR. I now even breked the pin 13 completely. AVR turned on. I will absolutely become insane from this.
Does it simply share an IR code?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do the remotes turn on/off the other unit? Or did someone program the remote to do that?

B

Bullseye198

Audiophyte
Do the remotes turn on/off the other unit? Or did someone program the remote to do that?
ok I have 3 devices: Xbox One S, LG CX, and Denon X2700H.
When I plug Xbox One S into Denon X2700H, once I turn on my TV, it turns on my receiver as well. I don't want that since most of the time I want the receiver to be turned off, only when I watch a movie or play a game, I want to use the receiver. I am desperate since I am trying to solve this problem for almost 2 months straight. Even breaking pins or covering them doesn't help.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The low tech solution is to turn off any detection settings in the TV. If that doesn't work place the receiver or whatever you want manually controlled on a different power strip and leave it off until needed. The other option is to buy a smart power strip that individually controls the outlet plugs by remote control. I believe Monoprice sells something like that.

D

DHYNAM1XX

Audiophyte
Same thing annoying me here to, got a CX connected via earc on my Denon, and a LG UBK 90 connected to the recievers blu ray port and it keep auto powering on with my my TV and reciever and claiming the input.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Try turning off HDMI-CEC in every device. LG calls it Simplink.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis