Let me tell you about my surgery…

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
It's been a while since I've posted. At least you know with surgery you're cured. In my case I don't even know that my 7 weeks of chemo and radiation worked. I'll find out next month when I get my pet scan. Looks like I might get an expiration date. The side effects will blow your mind. Some minor to major hearing loss is guaranteed etc. and the list goes on and on. What sucks is that last year I got my self the holy grail of power amps (2 CHORD) they where on my bucket list, so they are not a total waste.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's been a while since I've posted. At least you know with surgery you're cured. In my case I don't even know that my 7 weeks of chemo and radiation worked. I'll find out next month when I get my pet scan. Looks like I might get an expiration date. The side effects will blow your mind. Some minor to major hearing loss is guaranteed etc. and the list goes on and on. What sucks is that last year I got my self the holy grail of power amps (2 CHORD) they where on my bucket list, so they are not a total waste.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that PET scan looks good.

Getting old sure can be rough. Where's the health insurance plan that not only provides you with a yearly physical exam, two visits a year to the dentist, once a year to an eye doctor, AND monthly lap dances?

Surgery for my right eye is scheduled for Feb. 19, about 2½ weeks away.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Surgery for my right eye is scheduled for Feb. 19, about 2½ weeks away.
My lap dances are scheduled for about 10 minutes after my second bourbon.

Never should have quit.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Today is 2 days after cataract surgery on my second eye, the right eye. It also went well. Although it's very early (the bandage came off yesterday morning),the surgeon saw that the incision was closed and there were no signs of infection or inflammation. So, I continue to be delighted with the results. Apparently, my brain wants my right eye to dominate over the left eye for focusing, so having both eyes corrected makes life a lot better.

This surgery involves a small 3.9 mm (0.15") incision in the eye that allows removing the old lens and installing the new one, all without requiring sutures. The surgeon of course gave me the usual warnings, don't bend over allowing my head to get lower than my heart, no lifting weights greater than 5 lbs, no exertion in general. Yesterday it snowed about 6" in the morning, followed by sleet, freezing rain, and rain. Fortunately we had little or no freezing rain, and my wife drove yesterday morning in the snow without problem. Yesterday, I ignored shoveling any snow, hoping the rain would do the job. It melted a little overnight, but not enough. So I shoveled the soft snow this morning. I took it easy, standing as upright as I could, lifting the snow as little as possible, pushing it instead. So far my eye seems OK. Sometimes you just do what you gotta do.

I did get a free pair of cool looking Old Fart sunglasses, like these. They fit over prescription eyeglasses, block sunlight entry from the top & sides, and have those nifty windows on the sides, too. I liked them so much, I wore them on the ride home, even though it was snowing. All I need now is plaid pants, white belt & shoes, and a walker to complete the look :cool:.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thunderbird sunglasses ... lol. They're polarized though so, cool.

Effing February! I spent all this time getting snow off my truck only to get to work and come back home. The floor of my machine was iced up and slippery as ... well, slippery.

Cinnabuns are done! Gotta go.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Thunderbird sunglasses ... lol. They're polarized though so, cool.

Effing February! I spent all this time getting snow off my truck only to get to work and come back home. The floor of my machine was iced up and slippery as ... well, slippery.

Cinnabuns are done! Gotta go.
I want Cinnabuns too. I shouldn't drive yet. Do they deliver?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
No nutritional value whatsoever. Each one probably takes some number of days off your lifespan, like cigarettes.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've always privately dreaded it when a friend or acquaintance accosted me to tell me all about his or her surgery. I would politely listen, but also vow to myself that I'll never ever do that :rolleyes:. Now, I get it. It's a big big deal, and they are usually a) exhilarated about the outcome, or b) greatly relieved that a serious medical problem was dealt with – or both. So, let me tell you about my surgery… :cool:

Yesterday, I had cataract surgery on my left eye. So far, one day later, it seems like all went well. I can already see MUCH BETTER than before, and that's with the other eye yet to be fixed until a month or so goes by. These days, cataract surgery is a commonly done procedure. So why am I so happy?

For at least six years, I've suffered from an auto-immune eye inflammation, called idopathic scleritis (that's Greek for a sore owie of the eye of unknown cause). My immune system decided, on its own, to attack my left eye as a foreign invader. My right eye is apparently a regular guy, but look out for that left eye. When the inflammation was going full on, my left eye was bright red like a Christmas tree ornament. (People avoided standing near me on elevators.)

The treatment is similar to that for rheumatoid arthritis – suppress the immune system with drugs like prednisone and methotrexate, on a continuous basis. One of the many unwanted side effects of prednisone is the early development of cataracts. As a result, I've rapidly gotten bad cataracts in the past several years. Most older people do get cataracts, but they develop them very gradually over a decade or two. I was by far the youngest patient in the waiting room yesterday as I waited my turn for surgery.

Because my eye doctors (I have 2 plus the surgeon) were afraid that surgery might activate my suppressed inflammation, I had to start taking high-dose prednisone as a precaution a few days before surgery. Prednisone makes me hyper and sleepless, and I was already a bit anxious about the surgery. Yesterday was surgery, and this morning I went back to the eye surgeon's office for a day +1 check. Everything looks good, no inflammation, and I can already see much better!

So far, I have avoided accosting strangers on the street to tell them my news. But you, dear readers are hardly strangers :).
Thanks for sharing, and be well sir.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
No nutritional value whatsoever. Each one probably takes some number of days off your lifespan, like cigarettes.
Make that a non-equivalent hit on lifespan and I might agree.

In terms of lifespan reduction, 1 Cinnabon = 5000 cigarettes EDIT: 5000 Cinnabons = 1 cigarette. And the effect of those Cinnabons can be reversible, but not the cigarettes.

Added after reading post #53 below:
If you add raw local honey… 5000 Cinnabons = 1 cigar (inhaled)

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You shouldn't shovel snow. Get thee to a Publix!

Your machine!?
Do tell!
https://www.jlg.com/en/equipment/engine-powered-boom-lifts/articulating/800-series/800aj-articulating-boom-lift

Totally worth it. I ate 3/5 because I was home alone. Had a little local raw honey with them too as if the frosting wasn't enough.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Totally worth it. I ate 3/5 because I was home alone. Had a little local raw honey with them too as if the frosting wasn't enough.
I think I want to buy a life insurance policy on you. If you keep eating Cinnabons it'll be a good short-term investment. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you keep eating Cinnabons
... not to mention pizza and ice cream. My impulse control is for sh!t.

I can't believe I actually feel a little 'bad' about recently putting 15 lbs back on.

Maybe a salad in between the pizza and ice cream ...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Make that a non-equivalent hit on lifespan and I might agree.

In terms of lifespan reduction, 1 Cinnabon = 5000 cigarettes EDIT: 5000 Cinnabons = 1 cigarette. And the effect of those Cinnabons can be reversible, but not the cigarettes.

Added after reading post #53 below:
If you add raw local honey… 5000 Cinnabons = 1 cigar (inhaled)
Cinnabon ingredients (in order of proportion):

1. Sugar
2. Corn syrup
3. Recycled flour
4. Crisco (for the frosting)
5. Preservatives
6. Cinnamon

:D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Cinnabon ingredients (in order of proportion):

1. Sugar
2. Corn syrup
3. Recycled flour
4. Crisco (for the frosting)
5. Preservatives
6. Cinnamon

:D
When you put it like that they don't sound all that appetizing...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis