LCD projection TV or LCD/DLP projector?

P

paresh

Audiophyte
hi, i am from India
I am making a home theatre with a room size of 17.5'X13.5'. It has full light control and proper acoustics.

As per my budget, i can buy either an LCD Projection TV (62" Samsung) or BenQ or NEC LCD/DLP projector.

I have seen both demo and i am confused which is better and what should i decide?

Please advise..

Paresh

U

Unregistered

My feelings on this:

1. You have complete light control so there is no reason in the world not to go with front projection.

2. Check www.projectorcentral.com for an incredible number of reviews and product tests as well as 'best' lists. They are invaluable.

3. Go 16x9 and make sure you are getting a projector designed for home theater, not one designed for data display. The characteristics of the design of the two types are dramatic when viewing.

4. The BenQ DLP with the Mustang chip has received some pretty good reviews from owners for quite a while and is a bargain.

5. For my own purchase I went with a 96 inch screen with a Panasonic PT-L300U which is simply magnificent for the money but I don't have light control so I can only use it after dark. Light control, light control, light control...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis