4K TV or Projector help

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's so funny how the numbers have changed over the years.

it used to be much closer to 8" or 9" pet foot of viewing distance. Many 'pro' theaters often still use this. But, when going through AVS, the size has jumped dramatically for most viewers who really want immersion in their movies and they often go larger than 12" of diagonal per foot of viewing distance.

Still, I find that the 10" to 12" is a good number as long as you are starting at 100" diagonal at least.

In our family room we moved up to a 85" panel and we are anywhere from 8 to 30 feet away from that, but prime viewing is at about 12'. My wife actually asked if the 85" TV really was larger than our previous 64" display.

Yeah... I'm married, so your 7" is just going to be fine, apparently they can't tell the difference anyway.
They can't. My wife didn't notice a difference from 65" to 70" either. Much smaller difference than yours, but still.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
To get the full affect of 4K you really need a 65" 4K or larger. I have a 50" 4K UHD HDR, with 120hz refresh. I have to sit about 5 to 6 ft (sweet spot) to notice a difference over 1080p. ADTG, some others have killer HT rooms with really nice HD projectors, I'd recommend following those dudes. They know what works and what not to use.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis