Lawyers Guns and Money and the Herman Cain Award

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Well, he certainly did seem to indicate that the website I linked did seem to provide a more accurate overall picture of the analysis of Ivermectin which has been done up to this point. He also said that the data indicated that Ivermectin appeared to be of some benefit, according to the data.

This is the hard part. People who HATE being wrong are on both sides of the argument. They will go to their deathbeds swearing that Ivermectin is useless, even if studies show it to be effective. It isn't completely effective, which means that there will always be people who get sick and die, even with Ivermectin, and those cases will be used as proof.

Obviously, the same is true the other way if final analysis is that it isn't effective. People also get better and will take Ivermectin, and that's all the proof some people will need.

If the data indicates that Ivermectin is of some benefit, then it should certainly be considered as a tool.

Which does lead me back to the problem of a company no longer owning a patent, so who is going to pay for everything necessary to get FDA approval for use as a drug to fight COVID? I do believe studies are in place for use, but can and will these studies be presented to the FDA so it can be approved for such use?
I don't think the two "sides" of the Ivermectin debate are taking opposite positions.

It appears to me that most of the people "for" Ivermectin believe it is effective and the evidence that is available right now conclusively supports this.

As far as I can tell, most of the people who are "against" Ivermectin are not arguing that it has been proven to be ineffective, but rather that it has not been shown to be effective as of right now. If further studies show it is effective, these people will not be "wrong" and I don't see that they would hate saying that the new evidence does show it is effective.

I'm not an expert on the FDA approval process, but the NIH treatment guidelines recommend Dexamethasone in some situations:

Wiki says: >>>Dexamethasone was first synthesized in 1957 by Philip Showalter Hench and was approved for medical use in 1961.[8][9][10] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.[11] In 2017, it was the 321st most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than one million prescriptions. . . . A meta-analysis of seven clinical trials of critically ill COVID-19 patients, each treated with one of three different corticosteroids found a statistically significant reduction in death.[28] The largest reduction was obtained with dexamethasone (36% compared to placebo).<<<

In other words, there are existing "old" drugs that have been studied and approved for treating COVID. As far as I can tell, "no patent" is not necessarily a huge problem.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, this was his downfall became a natural medicine doctor, and She and Foley shared a passion for integrative medicine, which is also called alternative or natural medicine.
Obviously his "researching everything" wasn't very good in the end.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja

Really, this is just turning into the Darwin Awards.

To be fair, in 20 years time any of us still alive may well be watching legal commercials similar to the mesothelioma ones, only about our Covid vaccines…
:rolleyes:
I've been following some studies and the science is interesting. Drbeen Medical Lectures on Youtube has some excellent videos that explain the vaccine mechanics in easy to understand terms. There is a recent in-vitro study that shows that the spike protein can enter the nucleus and interfere with DNA repair, but I don't know of any cases occuring in mammals. The vaccine was specifically designed not to enter the nucleus, so it definitely warrants further study.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Really, this is just turning into the Darwin Awards.

To be fair, in 20 years time any of us still alive may well be watching legal commercials similar to the mesothelioma ones, only about our Covid vaccines…
:rolleyes:
To be fair...

Literally anything could be a "hindsight is 20/20" moment. Hell, we've known tobacco is bad for you and that hasn't stopped anyone.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
To be fair...

Literally anything could be a "hindsight is 20/20" moment. Hell, we've known tobacco is bad for you and that hasn't stopped anyone.
I understand your point, but I would say the known harm from tobacco has probably stopped quite a few people:

1638205730479.png

Choosing COVID infection vs vaccination strikes me as an exceptionally bad choice.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I understand your point, but I would say the known harm from tobacco has probably stopped quite a few people:

View attachment 51883

Choosing COVID infection vs vaccination strikes me as an exceptionally bad choice.
It has, but not nearly enough. At this point people can't pretend to be ignorant of the effects of smoking, but plenty of people still do it, and people are somehow still starting when they're young.

I think the point I'm making is that people will do the opposite of what they're "told" just to prove a point. They don't understand that point is sometimes they're stubborn and unreasonable.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I think the point I'm making is that people will do the opposite of what they're "told" just to prove a point. They don't understand that point is sometimes they're stubborn and unreasonable.
Here's one person who fits the bill:

>>>Religious-right commentator Eric Metaxas says people should refuse to get vaccinated for COVID just to be a rebel: "If the government or everybody is telling you you have to do something ... if only to be a rebel, you need to say, 'I'm not going to do this.'"<<<

And . . . drum roll . . . he got covid as did his family:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here's one person who fits the bill:

>>>Religious-right commentator Eric Metaxas says people should refuse to get vaccinated for COVID just to be a rebel: "If the government or everybody is telling you you have to do something ... if only to be a rebel, you need to say, 'I'm not going to do this.'"<<<

And . . . drum roll . . . he got covid as did his family:

Is he dead yet?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The good news for the rest of us is that the majority of hardcore anti vaxers have recovered from covid or died from it. So we will attain some sort of heard immunity with or without their participation.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The good news for the rest of us is that the majority of hardcore anti vaxers have recovered from covid or died from it. So we will attain some sort of heard immunity with or without their participation.
The down side is that apparently that immunity doesn't last all that long. They'll continue to be human petri dishes and new mutations will continue to happen. Yay us.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The down side is that apparently that immunity doesn't last all that long. They'll continue to be human petri dishes and new mutations will continue to happen. Yay us.
Nor does every one of them have it afterwards. ;)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Most of the Herman Cain award winners follow a fairly predictable path, but this nurse really slam dunked the award. She was suspended from her job as a nurse for refusing the vaccine and "challenged" the virus: "I want to die on my feet. I hope to catch this virus."

>>>Anna Caruso, 64-year-old socio-health worker from Acqui Terme in service at the Alessandria hospital until last September, when she was suspended for not wanting to vaccinate against the coronavirus, died of this disease on Saturday 11 December 2021 in the resuscitation ward of the Tortona hospital. About 40 days earlier, on November 3, he had 'challenged' the covid in a video on Facebook (the basic steps of which we publish here). "Rather than die crawling - he said - I hope to do it standing. So, at this point, I prefer to catch this virus". And he had increased the dose shortly after: "Every time I am with people we kiss, we do anything and we don't take a poop about anything." The video continued with the attack on politicians who "they sold our health ".<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Another one bites the dust.

From The Washington Post, 19 Dec 2021.
Washington state Sen. Doug Ericksen (R), a vocal critic of coronavirus vaccine mandates, died Friday at age 52, the Associated Press reported, weeks after reportedly testing positive for the coronavirus while abroad.

Ericksen’s family confirmed his death in a statement. Ericksen is survived by his wife, Tasha, and two daughters, Addi and Elsa. No cause of death was provided.

The lawmaker told his Republican colleagues he tested positive while on a trip to El Salvador in November, according to local media reports, and asked them for guidance in securing monoclonal antibodies, a treatment for covid-19 that has been shown to be effective at preventing severe disease.

Former state lawmaker Luanne Van Werven (R) later in November told the Bellingham Herald that Ericksen was evacuated from El Salvador and was in stable condition at a Florida hospital. The location of his death was not provided.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dennis Prager the well-known right wing radio host actually tried to get the virus and didn't get very sick. So I guess it can be done. I personally wouldn't try to do it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis