Last system I will ever need to own

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No, not the Linkwitz Orion. :)

I'm talking about my RBH SX-T2/R system. :cool:

RBH towers. Denon pre-pro. ATI amps.

That's right. I am done. ;)

Well, except for the floor, which needs to be replaced with wood floor & large area rug. :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Do you actually position the RBH's like that when in use? Or is this just posing for a family photo?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do you actually position the RBH's like that when in use? Or is this just posing for a family photo?
The Orion are sitting between the RBH until someone buys the Orion.

The RBH are 2ft from the front wall, 2ft from the side walls, and the L & R speakers are 10ft apart.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The Orion are sitting between the RBH until someone buys the Orion.

The RBH are 2ft from the front wall, 2ft from the side walls, and the L & R speakers are 10ft apart.
Interesting is that room driven or is that where they measured best. I understand both POVs.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Nice theater, where do you listen to music :p , lol.. it looks awesome that must sound incredible... Put the orions in a little 2.2 system in another room, a few room treatments, a nice comfy chair and call it a day...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting is that room driven or is that where they measured best. I understand both POVs.
Listening distance is 12ft, so Gene recommended the speakers be 10ft apart.

So I say it's based on getting good sound. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice theater, where do you listen to music :p , lol.. it looks awesome that must sound incredible... Put the orions in a little 2.2 system in another room, a few room treatments, a nice comfy chair and call it a day...
You have a good point. :)

For music the Orion don't need subs because each speaker has two 10" ACTIVE woofers, which means I can turn up just the bass if I want. ;)

I have a massage chair in the sweet spot center of the room. :D

So I listen to music sitting up in the centered sweet spot massage chair, but I watch videos lying down on my lounge chair.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You have a good point. :)

For music the Orion don't need subs because each speaker has two 10" ACTIVE woofers, which means I can turn up just the bass if I want. ;)

I have a massage chair in the sweet spot center of the room. :D

So I listen to music sitting up in the centered sweet spot massage chair, but I watch videos lying down on my lounge chair.
there is something satisfying about having a separate music only room... No TV allowed..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
there is something satisfying about having a separate music only room... No TV allowed..
Yeah, but my wife only gave me one room. :eek:

And problem with having 2 rooms is that I would forget where I place my iPad, phones, Bluetooth, and other personal items, which increases stress. :eek:

I prefer to have one room to rule them all. :cool:

Quality over quantity (OH!) :D

See, an awesome system will sound spectacular no matter what you feed it - music, movies, TV, games, etc.

A great system makes no excuses whatsover. ;)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
See, an awesome system will sound spectacular no matter what you feed it - music, movies, TV, games, etc.

A great system makes no excuses whatsover. ;)

Thats just not true :) , a movie system will have all kinds of circuits in the signal path with a multi channel avr, it will have a big ported sub or 2, it will have a big tv clogging up the experience, speakers will have to be placed to satisfy multiple seating positions and screen view, ect ect ect.. Where a music only system, will have a super short signal path, maybe a pair of mono blocks fed by a dual mono preamp, with a pair of fast sealed subs, a small love seat of recliner placed in the sweet spot, a few pictures of various artists and or musical instruments placed around the room.

I could go on and on, but the biggest reason to have a separate system is because while your wife, kids, and guests, are watching movies and dvr'd episodes of Ellen, you can't listen to your music, but with a separate system you can seclude yourself, shut the door, dim the lights, pour yourself a Powers Johns Lane whiskey, light your Montecristo #2, and press play with your feet up. So relaxed that if someone did have the gall to enter your room while you were listening all they could see is the back of your chair and dimly lit smoke trail coming from your ashtray, you would be so deeply involved in the experience their presence would be void and you would be have never even known they were there...

But seriously, if your wife wont let you have another room get an apartment somewhere separate, once you start spending time there instead of home she will clean out a room for you... or not, either way win win...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thats just not true :) , a movie system will have all kinds of circuits in the signal path with a multi channel avr, it will have a big ported sub or 2, it will have a big tv clogging up the experience, speakers will have to be placed to satisfy multiple seating positions and screen view, ect ect ect.. Where a music only system, will have a super short signal path, maybe a pair of mono blocks fed by a dual mono preamp, with a pair of fast sealed subs, a small love seat of recliner placed in the sweet spot, a few pictures of various artists and or musical instruments placed around the room.
What we experience personally shapes our beliefs.

What we believe justifies what we own. :)

My experience tells me there is no such thing as "short path" - that it's all audio voodoo.

If it sounds great, it is great. Forget all that audio religion. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
nice, I could spend some time in your seat.
You could if you were in OKC. ;)

I mentioned this on the RBH Sound Owner's thread, but I recently let a fellow spend some time in my seat. He wanted to audition the Linkwitz Orion and was interested in buying. He didn't even know what RBH was. But after he listened to the T2 speakers, he didn't want to buy my Linkwitz Orion anymore. :(

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Aw, that's cute. He thinks he can stop upgrading. Adorable.
Oh ye of little faith. :D

No, really, the thought of upgrading to anything or adding anything has yet to even cross my mind! :cool:

Going strong as ever. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The screen looks kinda small, especially if watch distance is 12ft .... just saying...
Now the guy who has 2x Danley's DTS-10 subs in addition to other subs and 195" diagonal screen - I think that guy knows a thing or two ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The screen looks kinda small, especially if watch distance is 12ft .... just saying...
Now the guy who has 2x Danley's DTS-10 subs in addition to other subs and 195" diagonal screen - I think that guy knows a thing or two ;)
I would like to go from 120" to 195", but that's onerous. I just feel like watching the shows and movies and not doing much else - no buying anything else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis