Last system I will ever need to own...

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
So in good fashion and following ADTGs steps, here is my "Last System I will ever need to own" thread... I enjoyed immensely my old Mac system with B&W 802d2s but, this is a whole other level. The bass is :oops: ;). Still have some tweaking and finishing touches to do in the room but for now....it'll do.

IMG_5654 Large.jpeg
IMG_5655 Large.jpeg
IMG_5656 Large.jpeg
IMG_5657 Large.jpeg
IMG_5658 Large.jpeg
IMG_5659 Large.jpeg
IMG_5663 Large.jpeg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
So in good fashion and following ADTGs steps, here is my "Last System I will ever need to own" thread... I enjoyed immensely my old Mac system with B&W 802d2s but, this is a whole other level. The bass is :oops: ;). Still have some tweaking and finishing touches to do in the room but for now....it'll do.

View attachment 52367View attachment 52368View attachment 52369View attachment 52370View attachment 52371View attachment 52372View attachment 52373
Wow that is some schweet looking setup. I can only imagine how it sounds.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
What a nice feeling knowing you have arrived at your destination. Envy pouring from my eyes and ears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Speaker wise, yes, I’m pretty much done. I will probably be adding 2 more surrounds and make it a 7 channel bed layer. Electronics though, while I know it wouldn’t sound any better, I’d love one of those high end processors like a Trinnov or Storm. Maybe an ATI if it comes out. Love the ATI class D amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I have a trinnov Altitude 16. Part of the hobby of upgrading is learning how to setup and run all the new toys. With the trinnov you will never run out of learning.
ATI has the best builds and warranties for class Ds.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man are those towers intimidating. Fantastic looking setup, and we all know it probably sounds even better.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Thanks guys. Yes it does. It’s like a wall of sound.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Speaker wise, yes, I’m pretty much done. I will probably be adding 2 more surrounds and make it a 7 channel bed layer. Electronics though, while I know it wouldn’t sound any better, I’d love one of those high end processors like a Trinnov or Storm. Maybe an ATI if it comes out. Love the ATI class D amps.

What AVR do you have is that the Denon flagship?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
So far I really like it. Only wish I could select which speakers get LFE signals like the Uber expensive processors. Only thing I don’t like is that horrendous HEOS app. Absolutely sucks.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So far I really like it. Only wish I could select which speakers get LFE signals like the Uber expensive processors. Only thing I don’t like is that horrendous HEOS app. Absolutely sucks.

Yeah I liked my denon 4500H they make a good product

I love my RBH theater room but it's not complete yet it's why I haven't posted anything yet behind an AT screen that's what I'd like to do someday

Great looking room I see you went with there on wall SV-831 for a center channel that's what I want to do someday

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic

I used the Denon A110 with HEOS App using Amazon but changed to Tidal which allows better function than Amazon. Then purchased a roon nucleus using HDMI to the Denon and all my troubles went away.

Again such a gorgeous wall of speakers!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow I just realized you have 2 I'm assuming 1212NR's in the back corner of the rooms? Holly smokes that's a lot of woofage!!! I bet it's so unreal. I just have 2 and they provide all the output I can handle!!! That's 12 friggin 12 inch woofers in that room man! I know I keep gushing but such a great setup. What are your surrounds if you don't mind me asking? The SV-661WR's?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Wow I just realized you have 2 I'm assuming 1212NR's in the back corner of the rooms? Holly smokes that's a lot of woofage!!! I bet it's so unreal. I just have 2 and they provide all the output I can handle!!! That's 12 friggin 12 inch woofers in that room man! I know I keep gushing but such a great setup. What are your surrounds if you don't mind me asking? The SV-661WR's?
Yes. 2 1212NRs in the back and the surrounds are the 661WRs.

Thanks man. Planning on getting 2 more 661s to make it a 7 channel bed layer.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I see you went with there on wall SV-831 for a center
And that is how you earn the AH Deep Stalk Merit Badge.

I re-read the thread looking to see how you knew that only to see the list in his Main Theater link.

I enjoyed immensely my old Mac system with B&W 802d2s but, this is a whole other level.
You don't hear that every day.

Congratulations. :)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
And that is how you earn the AH Deep Stalk Merit Badge.

I re-read the thread looking to see how you knew that only to see the list in his Main Theater link.

You don't hear that every day.

Congratulations. :)
Thanks guys.

And they don’t get mentioned much but, there’s 4 RBH SI-615 in ceiling for the Atmos channels.

These speakers are very dynamic. I still loved my time with the 802s and I really enjoyed the Mac gear. The B&W with the Macs system was a pleasure to hear and look at. Even though I had 2 subs with the B&Ws, the bass of this current RBH SVTRS is crazy. Until now, I had never felt bass like this.

As far as room correction, the Room Perfect in the Macintosh MEN220 I had is very similar to the Bohmer room correction the Legacy Wavelet uses and I really enjoy both. I miss the MEN220 because as a x-over, it was user assignable. The Legacy Wavelet has to be programmed at the factory with the specific speaker parameters. If you change speakers, the unit has to be sent back for re-programming to the new speakers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I miss the MEN220 because as a x-over, it was user assignable.
Assignable for each set of channels, as in variable x-over points, right? H/K use to have that. It was actually a feather in their cap. I too would like that feature back.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis