Kplisch Bar 54 Soundbar.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Anyone here have any thoughts on this product thats expected at the end of this year?!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thoughts? Just another sound bar...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The problem for me is there are too many compromises. While they can be an upgrade over TV speakers, many times that’s marginal. I also consider the marketing behind them dubious. Upfiring speakers NOT contained in a single box are hard enough to place right, so imo allowing them only one place to go leaves more ways to fail an Atmos system than not. Then when the system is like, meh, people are like, meh, whatever, surround sound is dumb. And then leave the hobby because they didn’t get a great theater experience from the tiny little soundbar that’s supposed to be “just as good as a real system”. Yeah, thanks A-hole marketing. I do like that better soundbars have real surround speakers though.
Point is, most of us here don’t have to make the compromises and also firmly believe that a simple pair of great speakers will always be better than a whole bunch of little ones crammed into a single box under the tv. I’m very fortunate, in that I actually have a real 7.3.4 system in my LR. It’s powerful, dynamic, clear and engaging and in no way resembles a soundbar. I also have two other 5.1 systems in the house, so while soundbars do have their place, it’s just not here.
I have no doubt, someone will share commentary with a friendlier light on the SB.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I apologize in advance but i have to respectfully disagree. The yamaha soundbar I own (model ysp-1000) is far more than a MARGINAL upgrade to OEM television speakers. The soundstage UNCALIBRATED is at least 15 feet wide and immersive enough that it keeps you continuosly engaged and at times simply CAPTIVATED. For the small apartment I live in, this is perfect (NYC=small). Obviously deidicated driver placement would be ideal, however, done properly in my given situation would entirely exclude the asthetic. Soundbars offer people like myself access to pseudoimmersive sound while simultaneosly maintaining clean lines.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I apologize in advance but i have to respectfully disagree. The yamaha soundbar I own (model ysp-1000) is far more than a MARGINAL upgrade to OEM television speakers. The soundstage UNCALIBRATED is at least 15 feet wide and immersive enough that it keeps you continuosly engaged and at times simply CAPTIVATED. For the small apartment I live in, this is perfect (NYC=small). Obviously deidicated driver placement would be ideal, however, done properly in my given situation would entirely exclude the asthetic. Soundbars offer people like myself access to pseudoimmersive sound while simultaneosly maintaining clean lines.
If you will notice @William Lemmerhirt said "many times that's marginal" which is absolutely true - no need to "respectfully disagree". Now, I agree with you in that a well designed sound bar has its place and can be a really nice performer. I have a Phillips Fidelio B5 (purchased from Woot at a very nice discount) and it is a pretty neat design in that the LR speakers can detach and become LR surrounds (bluetooth signal, battery operated - they dock to charge). The sub works well also for what this system is: an all-in-one soundbar solution. Does it rival a well thought out and designed separate receiver and speaker/sub setup? Not in the least, but that is not its purpose and it is pretty okay for what it is. @William Lemmerhirt is absolutely correct in that the marketing for soundbars is mostly...
1578950494299.png

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
OF COURSE IT DOSENT RIVAL DEDICATED PLACEMENT!!!!!!! I NEVER SAID IT DID

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I can respectfully disagree with anything i want. That is my right, and the entire point to these forums!!!!!!! Lol

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
The Klipsch soundbars are all great. Best bass response and soundstage of any soundbars that I’ve heard.

They are more than marginally superior to anything I’ve heard TV speakers spit out. Suggesting TV speakers are nearly as good as soundbars in general is the height of hyperbole.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No apologies necessary. While we don’t share the same opinions, I certainly respect yours. Like I said before, they do have a place, and I certainly understand living in New York that space is a premium. You do what you can do right? Btw, what’s been your experience in listen to music on it?

I also noticed your nod to weckyl earlier. Nice touch. He’s a very talented man. I’m a big fan of Danny Carey, and Gavin Harrison and of course the late great “Professor”. Many others too, but wanted to let you know someone caught that ball. I used to have a Yamaha “studio” kit and my friend plays a Custom. Very nice indeed. Tama/Zildjian for about 25years now.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Very very nice setup. Nice catch too. I always appreciate people who appreciate great music.!
Ive been a big Weckyl, Gadd, Coliuta, Cobham fan for many years. RIP Neil Peart. The records Spectrum or perhaps Master Plan anyone?
Reguarding the Soundbar....
Most unfortunately I simply cannot cut 2 holes much less 4 holes in my ceiling nor run cables in walls. Given my space and its geometry, the most I could assmble would be a standard 5.1 confuguration. Given that, I think to myself, "Why run any cable at all"? "Why not just use a quality pseudo- audiophile grade soundbar"? I know many of you will say theres no such thing as pseudo-audiophile grade, but for those of us sitting or possibly hanging 1 rung below on the ladder, its our only option. Hence my interest The Bar 54.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
No apologies necessary. While we don’t share the same opinions, I certainly respect yours. Like I said before, they do have a place, and I certainly understand living in New York that space is a premium. You do what you can do right? Btw, what’s been your experience in listen to music on it?

I also noticed your nod to weckyl earlier. Nice touch. He’s a very talented man. I’m a big fan of Danny Carey, and Gavin Harrison and of course the late great “Professor”. Many others too, but wanted to let you know someone caught that ball. I used to have a Yamaha “studio” kit and my friend plays a Custom. Very nice indeed. Tama/Zildjian for about 25years now.
For stereo listening I would say the Yamaha is OK. Not the best, not the worst, but with my Velodyne Minivee its good listening.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
The Klipsch soundbars are all great. Best bass response and soundstage of any soundbars that I’ve heard.

They are more than marginally superior to anything I’ve heard TV speakers spit out. Suggesting TV speakers are nearly as good as soundbars in general is the height of hyperbole.
Your opinion is reassuring. I look forward to hearing about this product later this year assuming of coures that Klipsch actually releases it. Thank You

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
OF COURSE IT DOSENT RIVAL DEDICATED PLACEMENT!!!!!!! I NEVER SAID IT DID
Whoah - simmer down there sparky! Take the caps lock off and slowly back away from the keyboard. Audioholics is no place for an aneurysm. ;)

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Sitting here watching Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Arc using a yamaha soundbar. Still amazed, even at low volume how good it is. Awesomely dynamic.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can completely understand where the OP is coming from. I am currently trying to come up with an option for a living room setup. For this particular space, there just is not room for dedicated speakers so I am considering a sound bar. Aesthetics also plays a part, especially when considering some of us have spouses that would never allow anything more than a minimalist approach. The other thing to consider is ease of use. This will be something my wife and kids will be using as well, so for this setup, simplicity, and ease of use are just as important. Yes, compromises are made, but for this type of listening area, a soundbar makes sense. Soundbars have come along way and definitely sound better than tv speakers. No, this isn’t going to replace my dedicated home theatre upstairs, but that isn’t the point.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I can completely understand where the OP is coming from. I am currently trying to come up with an option for a living room setup. For this particular space, there just is not room for dedicated speakers so I am considering a sound bar. Aesthetics also plays a part, especially when considering some of us have spouses that would never allow anything more than a minimalist approach. The other thing to consider is ease of use. This will be something my wife and kids will be using as well, so for this setup, simplicity, and ease of use are just as important. Yes, compromises are made, but for this type of listening area, a soundbar makes sense. Soundbars have come along way and definitely sound better than tv speakers. No, this isn’t going to replace my dedicated home theatre upstairs, but that isn’t the point.
Yep, Im the OP. To be completely honest I really think soundbars are awesome these days. Not sure id ever run a full dedicated again.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yep, Im the OP. To be completely honest I really think soundbars are awesome these days. Not sure id ever run a full dedicated again.
Interesting. Well, I will most likely be getting one to pair up with a new TV for living room use, mostly for movies, sports, streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu, and console gaming. I had not heard of the Kplisch 54 Soundbar, but after your post, I will probably add that to the list of contenders. I don’t see much information about it though and doesn’t look like it will release until this fall.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
The Bar 54 is probably going to be the end all be all for quite some time. I cant wait.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis