Koss CM Series Speakers - New Resource Available

J

JeffMackwood

Audiophyte
For those who don't know, over the last decade or more I have become a go-to online person for information / assistance regarding the Koss CM Series of loudspeakers (CM/1030, CM/1020, CM/1010.)

I still get several dozen requests a year, and have helped hundreds of Koss CM owners and about-to-be owners.

In the past I would salvage parts from "junkers" and distribute them to owners-in-need - for free. But it's been a few years since I've come across one that was in such bad shape that it could not be brought back to like-new operating condition, and was therefore parted out. I think I have raised overall awareness in these speakers, and their performance value, and folks are looking to restore, rather than scrap, them.

Anyhow, I recently helped someone out who happened to have a copy of the Koss-original "Koss Corporation Loudspeaker Service Manual" which includes all sorts of never-seen-before information on the CM Series, including for the first time schematics for all three speakers, and both the "old" and "new" versions of the CM/1030 and CM/1020. While I had the only known (up until now) surviving Koss-original schematics for the CM/1030, it's great to have them for the CM/1020 and CM/1010 as well, as that person scanned the document and sent me a copy in good enough resolution to be very valuable to anyone looking to tackle refurbishment.

I have sent copies to my contacts at SpeakerMart and Hi-Tronics in Ottawa, Vancouver Audio, and The Speaker Exchange in Tampa. Hopefully they will be of use to them in servicing those speakers for future customers. I'd be happy to provide the Manual to any other shop that handles, or might handle, Koss CM Series speakers. The more widely I distribute this information the more likely it will be available in the future.

Anyone looking for assistance with Koss CM Series speakers can contact me at junk666email@hotmail.com. I do so only by email, not PM, as it's much easier to exchange files / attachments that way.

I will be posting this identical message on a number of forums.

Jeff Mackwood

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis