Kong: Skull Island 2017

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow interesting. I want to check this out, now I definitely will.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Yeah, this new Kong movie doesn't try very hard to be too serious and waste any time trying to develop characters. I think it's quite fast paced and to the point. We see cool monsters, great fight scenes, and IMO this King Kong is the most "athletic" and muscular Kong to date. :D

This King Kong is kind, smart, and tough. He means business and doesn't horse around and fall in love with any human girls. He kicks butts and go about his business.

I always hated that part about all those King Kong movies. So ridiculous to me that a giant gorilla falls in love with a girl. Please. :D

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, this new Kong movie doesn't try very hard to be too serious and waste any time trying to develop characters. I think it's quite fast past and to the point. We see cool monsters, great fight scenes, and IMO this King Kong is the most "athletic" and muscular Kong to date. :D

This King Kong is kind, smart, and tough. He means business and doesn't horse around and fall in love with any human girls. He kicks butts and go about his business.

I always hated that part about all those King Kong movies. So ridiculous to me that a giant gorilla falls in love with a girl. Please. :D
That all sounds awesome. I might actually buy it on blu-ray.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Saw this in the theater. Super fun, good movie. ADTG pretty much summed it up. I however love Peter Jacksons Kong. I just pretended they were in different universes. I think maybe they made him just a little too big though.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, this new Kong movie doesn't try very hard to be too serious and waste any time trying to develop characters. I think it's quite fast past and to the point. We see cool monsters, great fight scenes, and IMO this King Kong is the most "athletic" and muscular Kong to date. :D

I agree. Who cares for a darn love story? Thanks for the heads-up on this one as I do plan to rent it soon. It looks like it would be decent enough for a rental. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. Who cares for a darn love story? Thanks for the heads-up on this one as I do plan to rent it soon. It looks like it would be decent enough for a rental. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Definitely who cares about the love story. Let's see some cool action. Great sound for our home theaters.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty much fast paced, short-to-the-point story, plenty of eye-candy action fight scenes with Kong vs airplanes and Kong vs other monsters, and great sound.

We had guests over and some of the guests were jumping off their seats due to the energetic sound. :D

It definitely doesn't feel like reading a long novel. They were not trying to earn any Academy Awards points for the oscars, except for the special visual effects and sound effects.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Pretty much fast paced, short-to-the-point story, plenty of eye-candy action fight scenes with Kong vs airplanes and Kong vs other monsters, and great sound.

We had guests over and some of the guests were jumping off their seats due to the energetic sound. :D

It definitely doesn't feel like reading a long novel. They were not trying to earn any Academy Awards points for the oscars, except for the special visual effects and sound effects.
Had to have the old car towed yesterday and my phone was ringing. The tow truck driver asked me if I heard it? I asked him heard what? He said I think your phone is ringing. I checked and sure enough it was. I never even heard it b/c the tow truck itself was kind of loud. My main concern with movies nowadays is just hearing clear dialogue. I an not into HT anymore, but it sounds like if I were this would be a fun one for that. Guess my hearing is NOT what it used to be. Just like the old grey mare..............LOL!!!! :D:p:D Might check this one out over the upcoming weekend!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Had to have the old car towed yesterday and my phone was ringing. The tow truck driver asked me if I heard it? I asked him heard what? he said I think you phone is ringing. I checked and sure enough it was. I never even heard it b/c the tow truck was kind of loud. My main concern with movies nowadays is just hearing clear dialogue. I an not into HT anymore, but it sounds like if I were this would be a fun one for that. Guess my hearing is NOT what it used to be. Just like the old grey mare..............LOL!!!! :D:p:D Might check this one out over the upcoming weekend!

Cheers,

Phil
Dialogue clarity is unequivocally salient.

All the other sounds may make things more exciting and cause people to jump out of their seats. :D

A million more Surround speakers may add a little more fun to the mix.

But dialogue will always be salient.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dialogue clarity is unequivocally salient.

All the other sounds may make things more exciting and cause people to jump out of their seats. :D

A million more Surround speakers may add a little more fun to the mix.

But dialogue will always be salient.
Bought me a Klipsch center and hoping that the dialogue will be loud enough and clear enough for my needs. My Wharfedale Dentons 80th Anniversary speakers do NOT have a designated center. Could have used the Diamond center, but many people don't seem to care for it too much in terms of dialogue intelligibility. That is why I ended up with the Klipsch. Figured it would do the trick given that I do not listen to multi-channel music. Hence, the Klipsch will ONLY be used when watching a BR. Hope I made the right choice on the Klipsch. If not, then it is going to go! I will know soon enough. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bought me a Klipsch center and hoping that the dialogue will be loud enough and clear enough for my needs. My Wharfedale Dentons 80th Anniversary speakers do NOT have a designated center. Could have used the Diamond center, but many people don't seem to care for it too much in terms of dialogue intelligibility. That is why I ended up with the Klipsch. Figured it would do the trick given that I do not listen to multi-channel music. Hence, the Klipsch will ONLY be used when watching a BR. Hope I made the right choice on the Klipsch. If not, then it is going to go! I will know soon enough. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
May do the trick.

Do you also increase the Center speaker channel level 3 to 6 db above the rest of the speakers?

I think my Center is 3dB above the rest of the speakers.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
May do the trick.

Do you also increase the Center speaker channel level 3 to 6 db above the rest of the speakers?

My center is 1db above the rest but I have a bookshelf as a center channel not horizontal center speaker. Mine is fully upright the way it was intended. I have matching speakers across the front sound stage. It sounds really awesome actually.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My center is 1db above the rest but I have a bookshelf as a center channel not horizontal center speaker. Mine is fully upright the way it was intended. I have matching speakers across the front sound stage. It sounds really awesome actually.

Ya. All my speakers (including Center) are identical/matching and vertical.

But I think horizontal centers can also sound great. I think the key is to set the Center speaker level above the rest, especially for movies with a lot of action.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ya. All my speakers (including Center) are identical/matching and vertical.

But I think horizontal centers can also sound great. I think the key is to set the Center speaker level above the rest, especially for movies with a lot of action.
Wow awesome, all speakers are identical. That's pretty awesome, not a lot of people can do that. I have all the same speakers from a specific series but not the same exact speaker all the way around.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
May do the trick.

Have been awful sick with a really bad sinus infection as of late. Have not been able to get much done. Hope to have it up and running very soon. Once I do I will see if running the Klipsch a bit hot is warranted. My guess right now would be 2-3 db bump. But, who really knows. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Only speaking for myself but personally dislike bumping the CC level. Seems to unbalance the sound field. Interested in some of the new immersive stuff that allows dialogue only level adjustment.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Only speaking for myself but personally dislike bumping the CC level. Seems to unbalance the sound field. Interested in some of the new immersive stuff that allows dialogue only level adjustment.
I agree that's why I only do 1db above. I figure that won't mess things up to much but I tend to agree with what you said though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been setting my Center Speaker Channel Level above the other speakers for about 20 years now - ever since I realized that DTS does the same. :D

I've never experienced any imbalance of sound field.

Bottom line - whatever sounds best to you at the end of the day. We're not talking about anything critical here. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've been setting my Center Speaker Channel Level above the other speakers for about 20 years now - ever since I realized that DTS does the same. :D

I've never experienced any imbalance of sound field.

Bottom line - whatever sounds best to you at the end of the day. We're not talking about anything critical here. :D
Couldn't agree more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis