T

Tony T.

Audiophyte
I got these a few weeks ago, listening loud makes ears bleed, the highs on these are killing me, can anyone recommend warmer easy to listen to speakers? Thanx to everyone.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I dont want bookshelves however, i prefer towers. Thanx buddy.
Why particularly? Aesthetics? Many bookshelves can compete well with the lower end towers like these. You'd need a sub with either IMO. Better towers will cost some....maybe look at the JBL 590 when it goes on the very good sales (less than half retail price) they have several times a year.

T

Tony T.

Audiophyte
Ya, just like the beefier look i guess, i know these are low end but on my next purchase im willing to pay more but for smooth sound and non agressive highs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ya, just like the beefier look i guess, i know these are low end but on my next purchase im willing to pay more but for smooth sound and non agressive highs.
The RP series from Klipsch generally gets better comments fwiw. Not a lot of beef in 5.25" drivers like in the 250F, even with two of 'em :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
590s are on sale again of course. And I like mine so good recommendation!

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
How different are your 580s than 590s? Sorry if I asked this before but curious what the falloff is? Of course, have subs either way

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How different are your 580s than 590s? Sorry if I asked this before but curious what the falloff is? Of course, have subs either way
Never compared 'em. Just use the 580s as surrounds. Had the 590s first, then the 530s/520, but when I got a killer deal on the 580s and wanted an all 5series setup for 7ch....

ps I think @KEW did some comparisons with his 580s and several others.....

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
That's great! They really do offer interesting bang for the buck. Curious how 590s stack up against some of the more expensive horns like PSA210s, etc. I'm not replacing my 590/530/RC263 setup. That one is set.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Friends don't let friends buy Klipsch. We have a friend here who loved his RP8000Fs, but changed over to JBL 590s and loved them even more... Missed his Big-Ks, yet when I asked him pointedly, he admitted the JBLs were better speakers... But said the Klipsch were more "exciting."

I'd vote for the JBLs. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Friends don't let friends buy Klipsch. We have a friend here who loved his RP8000Fs, but changed over to JBL 590s and loved them even more... Missed his Big-Ks, yet when I asked him pointedly, he admitted the JBLs were better speakers... But said the Klipsch were more "exciting."

I'd vote for the JBLs. :)
That could possibly be me. Yeah the Klipsch RP 8000f were great speakers BUT the JBL's were even better. And for the price you get them for on sale that's a Lotta speaker for that price. Plus for our OP if you like big beefy towers then yeah the 590's will be right up your alley those things are just beasts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis