Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speaker Review

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Bottom line I'm so happy with them I don't regret this purchase at ALL. I got all weekend off to play with them I will get back on this thread after I've really let em rip all weekend and let you know full impressions

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I love speaker reviews because they give me new ideas of music to try! :D

Klipsch has painted themselves into a corner with their efficiency ratings. They've built a reputation for selling speakers with near 100dB sensitivity so any drastic change in specs (even if there was no actual change in the speaker) would make people question the product.
They are not the only speaker company that fudges specs a lot of em do it golden ear and definitive technology are 2 that come to mind. And there are quiet a few more.

Still it is annoying your right about that

But still 92 efficiency is very good nothing to be ashamed off for sure. It's a shame they fudge it because it's a shame that it might throw some off of such a great product

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the review! Have you heard the RF-7 iii? If so how would you compare them? is This the best bang for buck in the Klipsch line?
They sound so good and yet here's the amazing part. The RF-7 III just is a huge jump up. But should considering how much more they cost.

But that's what makes it so amazing they sound so Damn good it boggles my mind Klipsch has something out there even better.

I A B compared a lot of speakers out there before I went with these and I can tell you Klipsch really stepped up there game here

They smoke my SVS prime towers no doubght about that. And those Primes are a good good speaker at that price point

There is a lottoff more expensive towers I put them up against that I just kept being drawn back to the Klipsch

They just have this it factor this magic to them that you find in your favorite speakers that you just can't get away from

And they are so so damn balanced a lottof speaker manfacturers shoot for all this extra bass extension in there towers that inevitably costs them somewhere else in the design. Klipsch while putting out great bass stayed away from that game to make sure everything sounds so Damn good across the entire speaker and just blends together so good. I feel it's this speakers greatest strength is it's tonal balance and accuracy

now take all of that and just multiply it by 2 or 3 times improved and you have the RF- 7 iiii

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Congratulations @danzilla. They look great in there!!! But what’s with the fuzzy duck? Lol

Nice to hear your thoughts on them. I’ve been curious about the newer klipsch lines. The rf7’s and rp8000’s especially.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Bottom line I'm so happy with them I don't regret this purchase at ALL. I got all weekend off to play with them I will get back on this thread after I've really let em rip all weekend and let you know full impressions
Personally, I felt like their RP-280F (and that series) made the transition from traditionally harsh Klipsch to an acceptable speaker for multipurpose (music and HT - I've always considered them good for HT where ear fatigue usually isn't such an issue - you don't typically have steady high frequency content like cymbals in a movie...but a turbo whine would be intolerable).
It seems this next generation has moved squarely into an essentially neutral response, making it even better!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Congratulations @danzilla. They look great in there!!! But what’s with the fuzzy duck? Lol

Nice to hear your thoughts on them. I’ve been curious about the newer klipsch lines. The rf7’s and rp8000’s especially.
Although I don't have a wife I am forced to compromise with my dog. DAF factor I'd say?

Glad I could put out some input I believe your curiosity in this Klipsch part of the lineup is well justified based on my experience with them and also hearing the RF-7 iii's although the iii is outside my budget for now Lol

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
They sound so good and yet here's the amazing part. The RF-7 III just is a huge jump up. But should considering how much more they cost.

But that's what makes it so amazing they sound so Damn good it boggles my mind Klipsch has something out there even better.

I A B compared a lot of speakers out there before I went with these and I can tell you Klipsch really stepped up there game here

They smoke my SVS prime towers no doubght about that. And those Primes are a good good speaker at that price point

There is a lottoff more expensive towers I put them up against that I just kept being drawn back to the Klipsch

They just have this it factor this magic to them that you find in your favorite speakers that you just can't get away from

And they are so so damn balanced a lottof speaker manfacturers shoot for all this extra bass extension in there towers that inevitably costs them somewhere else in the design. Klipsch while putting out great bass stayed away from that game to make sure everything sounds so Damn good across the entire speaker and just blends together so good. I feel it's this speakers greatest strength is it's tonal balance and accuracy

now take all of that and just multiply it by 2 or 3 times improved and you have the RF- 7 iiii
The last pair of r28f I bought was half off. They are good speakers obviously not great but for 500$ A pair fronts they are amazing. Klipsch can definitely make a speaker and for a good value even out of a box store like Best Buy.

This review and your comments definitely have me leaning towards either these or the RF-7iiis. It would be nice if someone had heard both and could articulate the advantages. The space I watch/listen in is large so I find the increased speaker sizes appealing. I’ve only found a couple reviews online though and they draw comparison to the older RF-7ii.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The last pair of r28f I bought was half off. They are good speakers obviously not great but for 500$ A pair fronts they are amazing. Klipsch can definitely make a speaker and for a good value even out of a box store like Best Buy.

This review and your comments definitely have me leaning towards either these or the RF-7iiis. It would be nice if someone had heard both and could articulate the advantages. The space I watch/listen in is large so I find the increased speaker sizes appealing. I’ve only found a couple reviews online though and they draw comparison to the older RF-7ii.
I've heard both if you have the budget for it the RF-7 iii's all day. And this is coming from a guy that loves his new 8000f's!!!

The extra cost is well put into the RF 7's there are things built into there design that you just can't get at the 8000f's price point.

The body parts I would donate so that I could have 3 RF7 iii's as my front 3 towers. If you can afford them well then sir I envy you you are a fortunate man

R

R.Elder

Audioholic
I've heard both if you have the budget for it the RF-7 iii's all day. And this is coming from a guy that loves his new 8000f's!!!

The extra cost is well put into the RF 7's there are things built into there design that you just can't get at the 8000f's price point.

The body parts I would donate so that I could have 3 RF7 iii's as my front 3 towers. If you can afford them well then sir I envy you you are a fortunate man
Tell that to the tree and couple old vehicles that sacrificed themselves to the Semi truck that plowed them down. I’ll miss them but probably not as much as I’ll enjoy my HT upgrade. Lol.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

That’s his chew toy! :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Danzilla31
Sounds like you got yourself set up up pretty nice! Congrats!!!
@shadyJ
Cool review. Thanks for your thoughts and input yet again... I’m glad that it sounds like Klipsch is moving into a new style phase in their SQ... admittedly, I might not have made it to Philharmonic if this review was 6 months earlier! :)

K

kini

Full Audioholic
It has been a while since Audioholics has reviewed a Klipsch product, and we thought that their refresh of the Reference Premier line would be an ideal time to take a look at what Klipsch has been up to in the loudspeaker world. Loudspeaker manufacturer Klipsch has received a lot of acclaim for their Reference Premier series ever since its introduction, so it is high time that we have given this lauded line a very close look to see if it truly deserved its accolades. In for a full review is the Klipsch RP-8000F, a dual 8" woofer megalith of a speaker that promises a wide dynamic range for lots of punch and impact, but will that come at the cost of sound quality?

We have opted to go with the Piano Black edition because we can appreciate good looks as well as good sound. These speakers are Klipsch' highest-end conventional tower speakers next to the RF-7 III. Klipsch has Dolby Atmos speakers that are a bit pricier, but we would rather focus on fundamental performance rather than Atmos embellishments since the sound character of these speakers will largely be determined by the base design. The cost of the standard RP-8000F is about $600 each, but the Piano Black finish of our review pair brings that pricing up to $750 each. These are moderately priced tower speakers and in a highly competitive price bracket. So what do the RP-8000F speakers bring to the table to make them a compelling offer in a market that is crowded at this price point? Read our full review to find out.

READ: Klipsch RP-8000F Tower Speaker Review
Great review as always. Thanks for taking the time to do such in depth reviews.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats! :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man watched a ton of movies last night.

Well meant to watch one but I just got sucked in by these speakers.

They have this quality that just makes you want to keep watching more and more.

I need some time to jot down my thoughts organize what I'd like to say.

I'll post tonight everything Id like to say about them

But color me friggin impressed I mean extremely impressed. Stayed up till 5 in the morning just couldn't stop watching.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Man watched a ton of movies last night.

Well meant to watch one but I just got sucked in by these speakers.

They have this quality that just makes you want to keep watching more and more.

I need some time to jot down my thoughts organize what I'd like to say.

I'll post tonight everything Id like to say about them

But color me friggin impressed I mean extremely impressed. Stayed up till 5 in the morning just couldn't stop watching.
So did you like these a little better than the SVS Ultra towers?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So did you like these a little better than the SVS Ultra towers?
Yes. The ultra's are more refined and detailed in the midrange. There bass is deeper. Or at least extends deeper. But really running subs you can't tell the difference on the bass.

Makes buying the ultra's for bass alone pointless. Although the midrange is better it's not by much. You'd have to have them side by side to tell it apart. Even then it's marginal. Just a nitpick not a criticism of the Klipsch

And the tweeter on the Klipsch. I'm really just blown away by it. Very neutral not bright at all. Detailed and fast. Not as airy as the ultra or other more expensive towers I tried but they made up for it with a wonderful organic thickness to each high note I can't quiet put into words right

From high to midrange to lows there's is just this thickness and meatyness to every note. An organic real feel to everything.

It's not a colored presentation either it's very natural sounding cymbals drums just everything sounds more like it's really there like you are right there live without the normal klipsch way of putting it in your face.

The soundstage hangs above the speakers across the whole front wall imaging is there there equal to the ultra's on that soundstage and imaging is a tie just the Klipsch is EQUAL at almost half the price

And finally they feel and sound more balanced from high to mid to low to pretty much every loudspeaker I tried everything feels so tied together the prime towers couldn't come close to that wonderful tonal balance and the ultra are missing it some on the low end. It doesnt tie in to the mids and the highs in the same way. It's close but it loses on this one to the Klipsch. They beat the golden ears pants off on this one as well

It's a really hard thing to describe but it makes them so much fun to listen to. They are the first speaker in a long time where I just lose track of time and just want to keep listening the prime towers just can't keep there composure when pushed. The ultra's are rock solid you can throw anything you want at them and they sound super clean

But so do the Klipsch. Thanks to there 92 db efficiency they get there much faster then the ultra's so less power same effect less taxing on amps less distortion at reference levels

Dynamics the ultra's have it but you need to give them a lot of power. The primes want a lot of power to give you dynamics but they lose composure when pushed.

The klipsch have it but with way less power. They have the dynamics off the ultra's with less power and loudness needed to reach it once again at almost HALF the price. And they just never lose composure EVER. I threw some very demanding movies and music at them and they just ate it for lunch.

If you were without a sub 2 channel or movies I'd lean towards the ultra's otherwise I'd lean towards the Klipsch both 2 channel and movies. It's very close the ultra's were impressive but the Klipsch just have this thick balanced meaty powerful sound that is so so fun to listen to. They just have this magic factor for me. That nothing else got me to feel

Golden Ear did on the highs with the triton fives but not on anything else.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh one more thing. VOICES. In movies voices sound so good on these towers. Male and female best I've heard period. On music the ultra's can hang with them on voices no sweat that's a dead even. tie but on movies nope

The klipsch do voices better on movies better then anything I've heard in this price point and higher even substantially higher

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Oh one more thing. VOICES. In movies voices sound so good on these towers. Male and female best I've heard period. On music the ultra's can hang with them on voices no sweat that's a dead even. tie but on movies nope

The klipsch do voices better on movies better then anything I've heard in this price point and higher even substantially higher
I’ll definitely need to hear this newer series for myself, even though I may be drinking the koolaid on doing bookshelves over towers. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis