Klipsch RP-1400SW 14" at $700 or RSL 12S 12" at $800 or Monolith M15 used $750. Who wins?

G

gaby95

Audioholic
I just prefer the same sub all around if possible....
Oh sure but it's still possible to integrate different ones (either all ported or non ported that is, no mixing those two types)
In any case, I do feel I want to go with rsl 12s

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Oh sure but it's still possible to integrate different ones (either all ported or non ported that is, no mixing those two types)
It's hard to go wrong with the RSL.
Unless you are one of those rare "bass is all" individuals and your listening room is the size of a small gymnasium, you will be shocked at what the 12S can do.

I'm not a fan of this type of music, but sometimes I go through this YouTube channel for fun.
My god, some of the bass in these videos is just insane.
I have doors elsewhere in the house that rattle in their frames from this thing !!

In my system I use my 12S for 40hz and down and dual stacked 10S's for 40 to 80 hz.
This combo is killer.
Just the 12S is killer.
Just the dual 10S's are killer.

rsl.jpg

G

gaby95

Audioholic
It's hard to go wrong with the RSL.
Unless you are one of those rare "bass is all" individuals and your listening room is the size of a small gymnasium, you will be shocked at what the 12S can do.

I'm not a fan of this type of music, but sometimes I go through this YouTube channel for fun.
My god, some of the bass in these videos is just insane.
I have doors elsewhere in the house that rattle in their frames from this thing !!

In my system I use my 12S for 40hz and down and dual stacked 10S's for 40 to 80 hz.
This combo is killer.
Just the 12S is killer.
Just the dual 10S's are killer.

View attachment 64322
I hope to get dual 12s soon. Should be a great setup!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the response between the ported or sealed subs is still similiar enough....and usually ported/sealed won't mix as well....

S

sraghava

Audiophyte
I am a rookie too. Can one of the experts please advice whether I should go for
Klipsch RP-1400SW 14" at $700 or RSL 12S 12" at $800
I currently have 2 x Polk PSW505 subwoofer

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your third choice in the title didn't make it to the main part of the message (Monolith M15 used)....and that would probably be my choice if its in good shape and local purchase. V.1 or V.2?

G

gaby95

Audioholic
I would go Starke sw15p or the rsl

S

sraghava

Audiophyte
Your third choice in the title didn't make it to the main part of the message (Monolith M15 used)....and that would probably be my choice if its in good shape and local purchase. V.1 or V.2?
I am just contemplating between the 2 choices I mentioned. Honestly I havent consodered the Monolith.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am just contemplating between the 2 choices I mentioned. Honestly I havent consodered the Monolith.
LOL wasn't your title, sorry. Sometimes best to start your own thread in the future, tho. What was said earlier in this thread still leaves what question for you?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would choose the RSL. But either will be an upgrade from the 505’s.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It was pretty much a given that when Klipsch brought out that new sub line, they would be going for half retail a year later.
They aren't bad, but that fact tells you something about them.

RSL sells at a fair price...always. No big discounts...ever. That tells you something also.

Buy RSL, you cant go wrong with them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis