Klipsch Forte IV Review || A Klipsch speaker I could *maybe* live with.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
For those who may be interested, here is my objective and subjective review of the Klipsch Forte IV. Klipsch tends to get a bad report from me but this offering from them is one that is closer to neutral than any others I have tested. It’s mostly a “it’s ok” take from me but it’s nowhere near as bad as the Heresy IV I recently re-reviewed.

Written review can be found here:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Another nice review. One of the Klipsch reps invited me to review this after I had reviewed the RP-8000F. I declined at the time, too busy. I then heard them at a trade show a while later, and I thought they sounded harsh, but I was nowhere near the optimal listening position. Maybe I should give them another chance.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
You might want to. I'm not saying they are blissful but - as far as Klipsch goes - these are probably the more linear of their lineup options.

The Heresy IV, though,.... what a terrible speaker.

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Oh, and BTW, you were right in your chat with Matt regarding the CEA test being able to discern "flapping" and other odd noises. I've proven this myself a few times by simply clapping loudly while the test is running. If I make enough extraneous noise, I can purposely "fail" the test.

But, you can see that the harmonic order testing extends beyond the 9th order. As long as that extraneous noise violates the threshold, the test will get a non-passing result and that's that. It shows up in various places online if you need evidence. Clio:

REW:
1633891235720.png

And a screenshot from my recent klippel testing:
1633891470331.png

K

kevintomb

Junior Audioholic
You might want to. I'm not saying they are blissful but - as far as Klipsch goes - these are probably the more linear of their lineup options.

The Heresy IV, though,.... what a terrible speaker.
I found the sound of the heresy, can be emulated fairly easily.

A friend I know, used a 12" Eminence "Woofer", and a Wide range horn, and honestly it bettered the Heresy in overall sound, for a fraction of the Heresy Price.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis