Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
When I worked for a stereo store, we called them 'Heresay'. I referred to the tweeters as 'Sonic Lasers' because in most applications like bars), the high frequencies were piercing. Telecaster guitar players refer to this as 'ice-picky', meaning that the highs are like an ice pick in the ear.
It makes you look silly talking poop about the Heresy IV’s. They are great speakers and have received high praise from many many reviewers with the exception of two. One of which I don’t think has even listened to them. FYI LMAO!!!

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
I seem to recall that someone compared listening to Klipsch speakers was akin to pouring hot lava into to the ear canals. I’ll refrain from outing the perp. :D
Go figure someone spreading false information on the internet. Be careful listening to some of these reviewers. Listen for yourself!! Shade thrown!! Haha Happy New Year everyone!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Go figure someone spreading false information on the internet. Be careful listening to some of these reviewers. Listen for yourself!! Shade thrown!! Haha Happy New Year everyone!
There is nothing false about that at all as it was a statement of preference after listening by a person, and people do have different preferences for speaker colouration. Nothing wrong about that at all.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It makes you look silly talking poop about the Heresy IV’s. They are great speakers and have received high praise from many many reviewers with the exception of two. One of which I don’t think has even listened to them. FYI LMAO!!!
You're wrong- any personal preference about something like speakers is purely subjective and if a choice is made by using specs, it's an objective decision. I started selling audio in early 1978- I have listened to far more equipment that you likely have and, while I stopped working at that store in 1988, I'm still in the audio business, so my guess WRT the number of different speakers I have heard is somewhat less than 10,000 models but I couldn't be sure because I never cared to count them.

Whether many reviewers like them in immaterial to any choice I might make but you seem to have missed a major point- when I mentioned the 50-17KHz spec and performance, that was the early ones- I never mentioned the ones that came after the 1970s.

When did reviewers become unbiased?

Don't take it personally- you didn't design or build them and you should read the comments before writing that someone looks like silly.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
You're wrong- any personal preference about something like speakers is purely subjective and if a choice is made by using specs, it's an objective decision. I started selling audio in early 1978- I have listened to far more equipment that you likely have and, while I stopped working at that store in 1988, I'm still in the audio business, so my guess WRT the number of different speakers I have heard is somewhat less than 10,000 models but I couldn't be sure because I never cared to count them.

Whether many reviewers like them in immaterial to any choice I might make but you seem to have missed a major point- when I mentioned the 50-17KHz spec and performance, that was the early ones- I never mentioned the ones that came after the 1970s.

When did reviewers become unbiased?

Don't take it personally- you didn't design or build them and you should read the comments before writing that someone looks like silly.
@highfigh
I dunno why, but this thread just struck me as interesting. I started way back in the day with the Klipsch line of speakers up on a personal pedestal: they were something to be achieved someday if I was lucky and rich. I'm talking the big heritage (that's what they call them now, they were current tech back then) style speakers like the Klipschorns and the Heresy's and the other big format types. I was in awe of them.

Fast forward a bunch of years and I bought smaller Klipsch speakers for my home theater setup and for a decade they were my everyday speakers. I discovered their shortcomings and also discovered the shortcomings of those gigantic heritage ones as well. Such as I've never owned a home big enough to fit them in. Technology marches on and we are now in 2023, not 1973. I love the idea of the big Klipsch speakers but the reality falls short for me.

I agree. Reviewers can be bought and sold and they are almost certainly biased in their reviews. One of their most obvious bias is the food bias. If they want to put food on the table you better say nice things about the speakers you review for a magazine that pays you for the effort. Not always. Not every time. But certainly, its common as dirt.

I think one of the things common on the AH, and other places as well, is people take the opinions of others personally. If an offered opinion is opposed to one held by the poster, they often as not take that as a personal affront and respond as if someone kicked their dog. A deep breath and something else to go do would be time much better spent than most of the knee jerk replies to imagined insults. I'm going to go play some Warcraft now.

N

noway

Enthusiast
My room is 15' x 11' and I have a high listening position (I'm tall and sit in a high chair)

Had some Heresy II years ago and the image height was too low, so I needed to put them on stands to fix that since the risers weren't tall enough. They sounded pretty good but by necessity I sat closer than optimal for them. They didn't go low enough in the bass for my tastes as well, even without the stands, and I didn't own a sub to fix that.

Had some Forte II awhile after that and they sounded great. It was a mistake to sell them.

Now using RP-600m II and listening nearfield/midfield and they are working out great.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
My room is 15' x 11' and I have a high listening position (I'm tall and sit in a high chair)

Had some Heresy II years ago and the image height was too low, so I needed to put them on stands to fix that since the risers weren't tall enough. They sounded pretty good but by necessity I sat closer than optimal for them. They didn't go low enough in the bass for my tastes as well, even without the stands, and I didn't own a sub to fix that.

Had some Forte II awhile after that and they sounded great. It was a mistake to sell them.

Now using RP-600m II and listening nearfield/midfield and they are working out great.
The pleasures of near field listening are often overlooked. I have a near field setup because my house only has one room I can dedicate to music and its too small to really spread out. I went absolute near field and love it.
When I recline in my listening chair my feet are practically between the speakers. I did my first setup in that room with a set of Klipsch bookshelf speakers paired with a Klipsch sub. It was great stuff. I have since moved on to other speakers but the near field setup stays.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis