Kimber Kable sucks?

• Thread starter Edgar Betancourt
  • Start date
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Square cables tend to be REAL bass heavy since the bass transmission signals collect in the cable corners. The longer the run, the bassier they are. I was able to fill in a 50hz null that was 28db down, by changing from 10’ round cables to 27’ long square ones. If the null was in the 30hz range I would have used 10ga as it’s more effective down low. Square subwoofer cables have also supercharged my subs. Sooooo much cheaper than buying new subs too.
Come on man, everyone knows that to negate a 28db null at 50 Hz you need to use 28 foot long square 12 gauge cable runs since it's 1db gain per foot!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Come on man, everyone knows that to negate a 28db null at 50 Hz you need to use 28 foot long square 12 gauge cable runs since it's 1db gain per foot!
Dang it. You busted me. Truth is, it was actually at 27.5hz. I didn’t want to use 28’ and end up with bloated bass, although it would probably be punchier. Hmmmm...
Now I’m forever forced to actually be concise when I post.

We should be careful. Some drinking the “Kool Aid” might believe us.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Square shape doesn't make it orthogonal- it needs to bend at right angles.
When I broke my leg real bad several years ago it was bent at a slight angle to the right.. was it slightly orthogonal ?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Square shape doesn't make it orthogonal- it needs to bend at right angles.
I think you could argue that a square is orthogonal. The sides meet at right angles!

If it's a matrix there are no angles. Orthogonal matrices are also square matrices

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis