KEF KF92 2x9" drivers Sub - anyone heard it?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No update on that but there is this...

I don't see how that motor will save space. I think there is a fair bit of exaggeration in that press release. What it does look like it would save is space in the motor, since both coils are using the same magnet. They may not need as much coil eath if the coils are repelling each other with an opposite charge. I have to wonder how that will affect inductance. It's a nifty technology for sure, but I can only see it being somewhat more efficient than existing driver designs. If the added complexity of manufacturing a driver like this carries a big price hike, I definitely don't see it as being with the trouble. I think it could be more valuable as a bass driver system in tower speakers rather than real honest-to-god subwoofers.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The new KEF sub certainly looks nice!
KC62-White-Close-Up_1_1.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Funny, I started this thread, but wasn't notified on new content. Thanks for the info all!

I've seen the new one. Yes, it's cute. Kinda like humidifier or baby monitor. But this is going the wrong way. Now KEF claims 11Hz on this little gadget. MHO, if you wanna know is that they're selling their reputation rather cheap.

I'm sad to see this. No one will buy the story about 11Hz from 6.5 inch drivers. This is not the way to go.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, I am curious to see actual, third party measurements. It seems like it was designed to compete with another "lifestyle" sub from a certain company whose initials are Bee and Double Vee...
1611251940001.png

But who knows? The folks over at KEF are pretty sharp!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Funny, I started this thread, but wasn't notified on new content. Thanks for the info all!

I've seen the new one. Yes, it's cute. Kinda like humidifier or baby monitor. But this is going the wrong way. Now KEF claims 11Hz on this little gadget. MHO, if you wanna know is that they're selling their reputation rather cheap.

I'm sad to see this. No one will buy the story about 11Hz from 6.5 inch drivers. This is not the way to go.
Someone mentioned on asr that they contacted Kef about 20hz capability....80dB....so for 11 pretty useless.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Someone mentioned on asr that they contacted Kef about 20hz capability....80dB....so for 11 pretty useless.
Lame marketing specs then. Shame on KEF. I'd love to see at what dB level their listed +/-3db response is at. 70 dB? 60?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, thanks. I read the entire thread. Didn't really like to see people only too happy to turn a blind eye to some obvious BS, bc it's KEF. I mean, I like KEF, but I'm not married to it.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis