KEF HTF8003 passive soundbar

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I found this on eBay with a starting bid of $199 and one bidder. It hadn't moved off the minimum with 5 days left so I decided to bide my time and see if that one bidder had in mind a higher number than me. List price is US $899. Of course it's not worth 1/2 that for what it is, with three each of a 3" Uni-Q driver, a 3" LF driver, and a 3" passive radiator.

I sold off my KEF R500 pair, the R200c center, and SVS SB2000 sub. They just weren't being used much and because of the tight quarters there were an increasing number of little corner dings on the R500's. I did want to retain some minimal capability for the couple times a year I watch a concert DVD, and whole-house music using the Bluesound system so I wanted to keep my NAD T758v3 receiver.

On the day of the eBay auction close I logged in a few minutes before the close and entered a bid of the max I was willing to pay, something just north of $300. It was still at $199 asking for a bid of $201.50 or more. I confirmed my bid with 4 seconds left to go. It was mine for $201.50!

I picked it up a week ago, just a 50 minute drive for me and no risk of shipping damage.

No bass to speak of. I've for now taken one of the 2 KEF Kube 10b subs out of my office, and that seems to work. A recalibration of Dirac is planned for after I replace the R100 surrounds with a pair of of KEF T101's I ordered from my dealer.

Very clear dialogue, and musically very good. Not nearly the SQ drop I expected. Happy.
PXL_20210130_194124675.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Pretty cool. I love finding deals on speakers.
Me too. Or anything I need for that matter.

The list of audio gear I have that was bought at list price is far shorter than the other list of bargains. Come to think of it, the only item is my Schitt Mani phono amp. And I have a pile of some vintage but mostly late-model gear.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Me too. Or anything I need for that matter.

The list of audio gear I have that was bought at list price is far shorter than the other list of bargains. Come to think of it, the only item is my Schitt Mani phono amp. And I have a pile of some vintage but mostly late-model gear.
My collection of craigslist speakers keeps growing. My latest only cost me 10 bucks for a pair of IL30s in pristine condition! Deals like that don't fall in my lap very often tho, lol.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My collection of craigslist speakers keeps growing. My latest only cost me 10 bucks for a pair of IL30s in pristine condition! Deals like that don't fall in my lap very often tho, lol.
I saw that. I'm wondering where you are putting all these bargains, and if you have a spouse.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw that. I'm wondering where you are putting all these bargains, and if you have a spouse.
I know. I have issues. :oops: :p

I have a very forgiving wife and a couple of spare rooms. Plus I sold all of my Ultras to help pay for the Sierras.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis