JVC DLA-X3 DLA-X7 and DLA-X9 D-ILA Projectors First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We stopped by JVC's booth today and saw their six new 3D-enabled D-ILA projectors. All six have impressive native contrast ratios, and the top model is spec'd at 100,000:1. The new projectors are the Reference Series DLA-RS60, DLA-RS50 and DLA-RS40, to be marketed by JVC's Professional Products Group, and the Procision Series DLA-X9, DLA-X7 and DLA-X3, to be available through JVC's Consumer Electronics Group.

Discuss "JVC DLA-X3 DLA-X7 and DLA-X9 D-ILA Projectors First Look" here. Read the article.

TRT

TRT

Junior Audioholic
I guess I'll be the only forum member who couldn't care LESS about 3D. However, if this FAD keeps flying maybe I'll go into the presciption 3D glasses business!

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
I guess I'll be the only forum member who couldn't care LESS about 3D. However, if this FAD keeps flying maybe I'll go into the presciption 3D glasses business!
I don't care for it either though im interested it its performance in 2D.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I've not talked to anyone that's overly ecstatic about 3D.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
My local Magnolia had an awesome set-up with the sony 3D panel , chrome bezel and all that, don't know the model but it's a beauty, thing is it is always on standard HD so I start to talk with the Manager in that department and he said that he just put the glasses away and set the panel up for regular HD viewing as most people just don't get the whole 3D thing, Don't get it or just not interested hmmm.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
I've talked to quite a few people also and I get the same impression also. But the companies are really pushing it.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I've talked to quite a few people also and I get the same impression also. But the companies are really pushing it.
They need to stop pushing it, because they're going to exaust themselves wasting their time/money with it.

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
They need to stop pushing it, because they're going to exaust themselves wasting their time/money with it.
I have to agree. I guess there trying to get 3D in every house but I cannot see that happening especially with this economy the way it's going. DVD is still stronger in sales than blu ray at the moment, so it shows the demand isn't even there for HD at the moment either let alone for 3D!!

rengasamy

Audiophyte
Jvc dla x9/rs60

I recently bought JVC DLA RS 60 3D projector, it is Excellent and Superb quality both 2D and 3D images are excellent, there is no other projector for comparison todate. If u have extra money one should go for this it is worth every penny.

M

mozi121

Enthusiast
I was able to get the RS60 right up there with the Sony but still with football the Sony has the slight edge. Mainly because of motion. I can live with the JVC since it does 2D Blu ray very well and is amazing (or the best I have see so far) with 3D. As for the 50 versus the 60... I would think they would be very close. Of course the 60 guarrantees the best parts and most likely top notch convergence. The one I have is the best I have ever seen. Not to mention with the "little" extra native contrast the image would probably appear a little sharper. I can say this 60 looks sharper than the 40 I had here. Pricing is a huge consideration for many as well as myself though. I bet I could get a 50 to come close to a 60 (overall at least). I do plan to get this ISF calibrated when the hours climb up some so I will post the results and best measurements. :cool:

jnr

jnr

Audiophyte
Stores

Can someone give me Store details in New York City , where i can purchase one of these JVC Projectors ?
I'm still undecided on which model ?
Is the X9 worth the extra $4000 over the X7 ??

Any reply greatly appreciated
thanks
John

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Both models have issues this year and you'd be better off with an X3/RS40.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis