Justice R G B died, very sad

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
America is by no means perfect but we are unique. We are the only “representative republic/democracy” where it’s Constitution ONLY restricts its government and not its citizens. We also have three distinct but EQUAL branches of government, also distinct among all other countries. All other forms of free democratic governments on Earth rely solely on America for their freedoms and cannot stand alone without Her!

This is not a slight or attack on anyone, just a simple fact. I understand many other nations judge America while enjoying the Freedom She provides. Again, I’m not condemning other nations for their opinions or judgements of America but they would not have the freedom to do so without Her. I’m aware of the current political climate and America stands an easy target but if you remove Her from your own history you lack the strength to hold the stone to hurl at Her.
The US does not provide freedom. The US participates in mutual defense agreements; they ensure independence, not freedom.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The US may be unique in the way its constitution is written, but what is the practical effect? The Human Freedom Index places the US in 15th place (Canada is 8th).
Fascinating that a Canadian would quote a libertarian think tank funded by the Koch family. :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
That's not a link, it's a mutual

No, he was warning about the American military/industrial complex and the friends in the military & industries doing favors for each other, just to keep the businesses roaring along and the US in an endless string of wars.
Corporate America now right? Still in wars today.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Generally our Supreme Court has been much less colorful, I’m hoping this is a season that will pass. Many fear a coming civil war, American citizens have more small arms than all the militaries of the world, pray for us.
The US Supreme Court has frequently been more than colorful, I would call it occasionally horrendous. Even someone who only studied history in high school would know about the Dread Scott decision. Or perhaps in Buck vs Bell (I had to look up the case name) where sterilization for those judged mentally incapable was deemed constitutional. The Supremes upheld Roosevelt's internment of US citizens of Japanese descent. Upheld segregation laws. Upheld racial discrimination until the Civil Rights Amendment. Upheld sodomy laws and making homosexuality illegal. (If only we worried more about who people hate than who they love.) As for a civil war, I'd stick to QAnon if you like dumb conspiracies.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Fascinating that a Canadian would quote a libertarian think tank funded by the Koch family. :)
Is it? The study was co-published by the Fraser Institute.

This is Soviet Canuckistan only in the mind of Pat Buchanan.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Is it? The study was co-published by the Fraser Institute.

This is Soviet Canuckistan only in the mind of Pat Buchanan.
My point of humor was mainly that libertarians have no reason to exist in the US if we were rated highly on a freedom index.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The US Supreme Court has frequently been more than colorful, I would call it occasionally horrendous. Even someone who only studied history in high school would know about the Dread Scott decision. Or perhaps in Buck vs Bell (I had to look up the case name) where sterilization for those judged mentally incapable was deemed constitutional. The Supremes upheld Roosevelt's internment of US citizens of Japanese descent. Upheld segregation laws. Upheld racial discrimination until the Civil Rights Amendment. Upheld sodomy laws and making homosexuality illegal. (If only we worried more about who people hate than who they love.) As for a civil war, I'd stick to QAnon if you like dumb conspiracies.
One in three Americans believe another civil war is likely. I’m praying they are wrong.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My point of humor was mainly that libertarians have no reason to exist in the US if we were rated highly on a freedom index.
I guess my sense of humour isn't as sophisticated as yours, since I missed that.:p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
One in three Americans believe another civil war is likely. I’m praying they are wrong.
Oh yeah, that's about the proportion of Trump's voting base in the US. What a surprise. So the thinking is that handguns in the hands of mostly old men could start and win a civil war? Are you old enough to remember Kennedy having to federalize the Alabama national guard to get governor George Wallace to stand aside and allow Blacks to go to class? That was 1960, and we didn't have a civil war, Alabama didn't try to secede, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 hadn't been passed yet, so all sorts of profound injustice was still constitutional. My best hope is that demographically Trump's base is in precipitous decline and aging, so in ten years or so they probably won't matter.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
... Getting back on topic - the SCOTUS. This opinion piece illustrates how we find the nomination process for and composition of the SCOTUS so bizarre. While, I might consider it a bug, you may consider it a feature.
Your link sums it up pretty much:

"The way the United States chooses its judges is, by the standards of any other democracy committed to the rule of law, utterly insane. "

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Any of you guys watch the national news yesterday on So-called peaceful protesters protesting at the same time President Trump was paying his respects with RGB in her Coffin? Wow! No respect for the Recently departed huh. Before anyone try's to blast my post cause President Trump was standing behind her coffin, my post has nothing to do with the being Politically correct. Those peaceful protesters totally out of line of lack of respect for recently departed especially of a woman who Served her Country. I can tell you guys this those so called Peaceful protesters wouldn't try to pull that kind of crap down here in Louisiana disrespecting a funeral or anyone trying to pay respect, a president or not Peaceful so-called Protesters taking a Opportunity like that is sickening!! That poor women can't even get peace even as her cold dead body in her coffin with the American flag draped on it. Americans Citizens entitlement to Protest at a time like that! Sickening sh$t. Thing is Probably fueled by the Democratic Party, This Two Party Democrat/Republican has all but Ruined this country with the bullsh$t!

BC1540C9-5F08-491F-85AE-807468A3ECE7.jpeg
56E57EC4-A60A-4B9B-875F-B23C97D462A3.jpeg

Last edited:
diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Any of you guys watch the national news yesterday on So-called peaceful protesters protesting at the same time President Trump was paying his respects with RGB in her Coffin? Wow! No respect for the Recently departed huh. Before anyone try's to blast my post cause President Trump was standing behind her coffin, my post has nothing to do with the being Politically correct. Those peaceful protesters totally out of line of lack of respect for recently departed especially of a woman who Served her Country. I can tell you guys this those so called Peaceful protesters wouldn't try to pull that kind of crap down here in Louisiana disrespecting a funeral or anyone trying to pay respect, a president or not Peaceful so-called Protesters taking a Opportunity like that is sickening!! That poor women can't even get peace even as her cold dead body in her coffin with the American flag draped on it. Americans Citizens entitlement to Protest at a time like that! Sickening sh$t. Thing is Probably fueled by the Democratic Party, This Two Party Democrat/Republican has all but Ruined this country with the bullsh$t!
Holy Poe's Law. I can't tell if you're making fun of right wing talking points by taking it to a stupid extreme, or genuinely one of the people that think this. Which in and of itself says so much.

I assume you're trolling because you implied Trump respected someone other than himself. The typos, terrible grammar, and dash or hypocrisy really sell it. Nicely done :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Holy Poe's Law. I can't tell if you're making fun of right wing talking points by taking it to a stupid extreme, or genuinely one of the people that think this. Which in and of itself says so much.

I assume you're trolling because you implied Trump respected someone other than himself. The typos, terrible grammar, and dash or hypocrisy really sell it. Nicely done :)
Your trolling! Lame try though. Get a life while your at it! Them a$$hat So-called peaceful protesters should have had a Helicopter caring a big bucket of Coolwater dumped on them. Along with your racist remarks about me Personally you don't know me bro and your postup about my Thoughts about those So-called peaceful protesters with total disrespect of RGB while her Body lays in a coffin draped in the United States flag. Is Sickening just like your statement is about me. So with that said you have a great day Fascist.:cool: or your Democrat? yeah that Explains your post. lmao.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

here this should make you feel better :cool:
97A74DAC-F631-4B32-8ADB-92D57506C9EE.jpg
BB500AC2-DA6F-41A3-949D-54CDE1A09697.jpg
F2CD837C-3E06-4E26-9E5C-679AE2563C6B.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis