Justice R G B died, very sad

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Just learned she passed away. What a loss and what a fight coming in the Senate.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ugh. I don't think we will see much of a battle in the senate. The Senate is controlled by Republicans, so she will be quickly replaced by some misogynistic nazi. I feel terrible for the future of all women in America right now.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
This year... this motherfucking year... I try to not be superstitious but I have never seen anything like 2020. Non-stop spitting in the face of humanity. And 3 months to go. :mad:

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
RIP

a 6-3 court with 4 of the 6 being nut job right

this country is done, Putin won

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Now that I think about it, they will probably wait until after election day to fill her seat. Republicans need to put in someone vile enough to do their bidding, but they know that whoever they name will be off-putting to most of the electorate, and they might not want to risk losing senate and house seats in purple districts, not to mention putting Trump's re-election chances into even greater jeopardy.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The saddest part about this is that there will be people on the Right celebrating the way people on the Left did when Scalia passed. It bothered me then. This is no different.

Unfortunately, the Senate will rush, I think, to do this all prior to the election. I think they will see it as a chance to help them across the board with galvanizing and motivating their base.

The flipside is that the Democrats will now potentially look hard at a different strategy, assuming Biden wins and the senate turns blue.... If Court packing becomes a game, this could have very long, hard consequences for the shape and future of this country.

Whatever has been responsible for driving the US to the bipolar ends of our collective sanity, we are nowhere near an end to the political extremism, I now fear. The cauldron has been bubbling for a while and freshly stoked coals are about to be freely shoveled into the fire.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

McConnel already stated he will bring the ... nominee to the floor.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

.... If Court packing becomes a game, this could have very long, hard consequences for the shape and future of this country....
Already happened last 3 years. And, mostly that is all that happened in the senate.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

That's not court packing...

Didn't he pack the federal courts as fast as he could and previously stopped any or hardly any to be appointed before 2016?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
She should have retired. Her Health had been failing for years.

Last edited:
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
You can't remove a judge for failing health without impeachment and that is not grounds for impeachment. She wanted to make it past the inauguration, that is clear.

My ex's mother grew up with RBG and they were friends. Her childhood nickname was Kiki. I heard about how RBG's brother had a very difficult time in life because he was although bright, not the intellectual titan his sister was. May have become an alcoholic. RIP Kiki.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You can't remove a judge for failing health without impeachment and that is not grounds for impeachment. She wanted to make it past the inauguration, that is clear.

My ex's mother grew up with RBG and they were friends. Her childhood nickname was Kiki. I heard about how RBG's brother had a very difficult time in life because he was although bright, not the intellectual titan his sister was. May have become an alcoholic. RIP Kiki.
Can a Supreme court judge retire or step down?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis