Just ordered the Sony 55X900E!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah your exactly right. I thought about that and I don't think I can enter them exactly but it's a good starting point. I agree.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Just curious, how far will you be sitting from the 55"?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats...no problem...pricing is more sensitive on the newer TVs, but the E has been around a while...probably time to knock something off I'm sure.
Really? I am pretty sure the E is the current year model, though the 2018 model should be out soon.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
We sit about 12-13 feet back.

At that kind of distance, you made the right choice regardless of how much you were prepared to spend. Even the best OLED panel wouldn't made much difference or even visible. Color wise, that set is top or near top.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
At that kind of distance, you made the right choice regardless of how much you were prepared to spend. Even the best OLED panel wouldn't made much difference or even visible. Color wise, that set is top or near top.
Oh cool thanks. I think I made the right choice here. I couldn't justify spending the extra money on OLED. I can't wait to get this thing going. I heard the color, especially 4k color is just about the best on this set. Should be here tomorrow but I won't have it going to Monday is don't think. I also bought a very low profile fixed wall mount. Need to get things lined up to have it installed and my current TV moved to the bedroom.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Really? I am pretty sure the E is the current year model, though the 2018 model should be out soon.
The E is the new model...assuming the '18 model is coming out soon. When do you think they start transitioning to the new model?

Many eons ago I was a brown goods buyer for a BB like retailer...Sony was very strict on advertising sale prices until they were ready to transition to the new model.

Sony was better than all of the manufacturers when it came to thinning out the existing stock before they shipped new models. When retailers start offering advertised discounts on Sony...they were normally within a few months of shipping the new model.

A lot could have changed since the early 90s, but I have a feeling it's somewhat similar today.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
FYI. Rtings has great calibration settings. I used them on my Sony 700d and it looks awesome. Sony IMHO is the best bang/buck TV out right now. Vizio makes a good TV for the money, but I tend to always go with top tier manufacturers.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
FYI. Rtings has great calibration settings. I used them on my Sony 700d and it looks awesome. Sony IMHO is the best bang/buck TV out right now. Vizio makes a good TV for the money, but I tend to always go with top tier manufacturers.
I saw they have settings posted and I was definitely going to try them. They were the first ones I was going to try.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis