Just bought a Realistic STEREO 8-Track Player Any Thoughts and or Opinions?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
It's a Player only does NOT RECORD 8-Track Tapes.
The only way to redeem yourself is to post pics of the '68 corvette that you bought to go with it. You did buy an old corvette to put it in didn't you? ;)

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No I'm the wrong guy I don't even have a Drivers Liscence. Pics are up already been posted! The 8-TRACK PLAYER is a HOME UNIT.

B

BWG707

Audioholic
I remember going to a local flea market to get bootleg 8-tracks for almost nothing (about 1/4 of what brand name tapes cost). Also the trusty matchbook wedged in the deck to keep it tracking correctly. I owned one deck with a fine tuning knob that moved the head up and down to adjust it. I also remember all the tapes that got eaten by cheap decks. Memories...

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Just bought a couple more 8-track Tapes The Best Of J Geils & Foghat Energized!!

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
Some of my earliest memories (at least audio-related ones) involved going over to the neighbors house and listening to his older brother's 8-tracks of Foreigner and AC/DC... gooooood times! I can't remember for sure but I think his rig was all classic Sansui stuff. I just remember it looked (and sounded) like heaven compared to my cheap Panasonic quadrophonic receiver with integrated turntable. :)

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
That sounds like fun! Yeah that would sound better than your cheap Quad Receiver!

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Bought a couple more 8-tracks CCR Mardi Gras and Bachman Turner Overdrive 4 Wheel Drive.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
My recollection of those things is that nobody ever had a tape for very long because they inevitably got jammed inside the player. When that happened, you had to just yank it out, breaking the tape in the process. Because the tape was a big loop inside the cartridge, that was the end of that tape. The roadside used to be littered by 8 track tape cartridges thrown in aggravation out of windows of cars with players.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Here is THE BEST PART OF ALL the 8-tracks I just bought I requested that all my tapes come fully reconditioned with NEW Pads & Metallic Foil I'm getting that done too all those tapes I just bought from ebay.

majorloser

majorloser

I'm sure I've still got a pair alligator clips with feathers hanging on the end around here somewhere. :cool:

Now it just seems like a conversation about 8-tracks and classic muscle cars is complete.

(and remember to clean out the ashtray before mom or dad get in the car)

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Can we troubleshoot this problem one of my tapes plays too slow put in a copy Of Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivors plays fine.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Consider yourself lucky that any still play. Most have either been chewed up by players or wound themselves so thghtly on themselves that they don't move. Sounds like the one you have is on it's way to the latter.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I am lucky that any still play I try to only buy the ones with new pads and splice.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Were most of the Realistic RADIOSHACK 8-track Players TOTL Models? Is mine

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
My first 8-track player was an Arthur Fullmer brand bought at a local Goodyear tire store.... thanks for bringing back some memories. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My first 8-track player was an Arthur Fullmer brand bought at a local Goodyear tire store.... thanks for bringing back some memories. :)
Forgot about that, we used to have a Western Auto with some stereo gear of dubious quality!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
that would really be a great time playing 8-tracks again...

we used to have some really good times when we had one of those darn things.... I had some great old tapes that would get played over and over again....
Did you save the old book of matches that you used to shove under the tapes to get the heads to line up?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis