j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Let's just cut to the chase: go watch it :)

A bunch of us went to see it on Sunday in Dolby Cinema & Atmos. It did not feel like its nearly 3hr runtime simply because it was highly entertaining. Probably one of the best action films I've seen in a long time. As with the previous film (same team did this one), they basically had the notion of channeling their favorite action film/anime/etc... and that's the kind of thing that can work when done well. Yes, there is this sense of "just how much can one guy take", but you just roll with it because the film is fun. To me, it is a good sign for an action movie when there are multiple moments in the movie when the entire audience collectively shouts "Oh S**T!"

Not unlike Top Gun, don't expect a heavy duty story. It is pretty straight forward and is about 90% action. The cinematography is off the charts, with one scene that almost feels like you are playing a video game lol. The sound was amazingly potent, though if there was Atmos, it was not as apparent because it is sort of a wall of sound coming at you most of the time. A good time for sure, worth seeing in the theater IMO. The big studios relying on almost entirely CG and plug and play stories should take note.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There is a reason, that unlike a lot of sequels, the box office keeps growing on each iteration of the film. It is that good, the camerawork on the fight scenes is insane.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I could barely stomach the 2nd one, and never even attempted the 3rd. No offense, but zero chance I'll be seeing the 4th. How many times can he keep killing guys. The. Exact. Same. Way. (While basically being a Terminator himself).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Second one was really bad for the first 30 min, then it got better. The third one was good. This one is better than the third one.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I did not care much for the first three, however, condidering seeing it iMax to zone out for an hour or two and watch the the top notch VFX/ CGI work.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I could barely stomach the 2nd one, and never even attempted the 3rd. No offense, but zero chance I'll be seeing the 4th. How many times can he keep killing guys. The. Exact. Same. Way. (While basically being a Terminator himself).
It doesn't offend me, because I didn't make the movie. Yeah, I have some issues with the damage he does not take, the way the "suits" work, etc... but that all goes to willful suspension of disbelief, you just accept that it isn't real. Same as every shoot 'em up action flick, which this is; deep thought not really required.

Marvel = 15 years 90% the exact. same. movie, with a new CG'ed character pasted in, but that is OK? If anything, the best thing Marvel did lately was Spiderverse and that still sort of has "the formula" too, but it was more fun the way it did it in a much more homage to the comic book style roots way, it had fun.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I love every John Wick movie. Can't wait to see JW4 and all the spin-off movies and TV series.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are there spinoffs already?
And….and John Wick is doing just fine because they are already talking about Reeves returning for John Wick 5 since JW4 is doing so well financially.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis