isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Never realized how interesting of a man Jim Fosgate was.....Installed and sold many many Punch amp car systems.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I was an early Fan of his automotive amplifier / EQ => The Punch. I crammed 6 speakers and a Sub into a 280Z with a Concorde Deck and Fosgate amplification. When I cruised the Highway, the Tunes were rocking all because of his amps. Great gear.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I was an early Fan of his automotive amplifier / EQ => The Punch. I crammed 6 speakers and a Sub into a 280Z with a Concorde Deck and Fosgate amplification. When I cruised the Highway, the Tunes were rocking all because of his amps. Great gear.
Amazing what those amps would do...I attended a seminar RF was holding around '89.
They taught us to run as many speakers as we wanted off those amps with just some caps and chokes....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The shop I worked at didn't see a lot of Rockford Fosgate but the few amps we installed were pretty awesome. I don't ever recall seeing one in for repair over 7 years there.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I worked at a RF dealer and we saw some amps come back for repair, but it was because they were mounted upside-down and the heat caused some of the components to fail, so it wasn't their fault. They definitely needed robust power- skimping on the power wire would not work.

If anyone remembers GM's head units 'suddenly' becoming better in '94, it's because GM finally realized how much they were losing to the aftermarket and with RF, located in Tempe, AZ and GM's Desert Proving Ground, located in Mesa, AZ at the time, their proximity was convenient for R&D.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis