JBL Studio 580 -- a real good deal

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Damn you, Z!
I have been too curious about the 530's and these seem to be as close as I'll get! I hope the cabinet resonance is not to bad, that is often the downfall of inexpensive towers.
Kurt, they were originally sold at higher prices. I have always wished you did try the 530's. I think that you would be surprised just how good they are. I have no doubt that the towers are just as impressive! Go for it!

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I have been too curious about the 530's and these seem to be as close as I'll get! I hope the cabinet resonance is not to bad, that is often the downfall of inexpensive towers.
They are 49 lbs and are said to be braced, should tame some resonance -- still $799 each at JBL.com --- Most people like the Studio 5 series, however as in all things audio nothing is guaranteed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heck those were a good deal during the recent sale of 389 each....and they'd go well with my 590/530/520 set....I keep returning to the ad....damn you @zieglj01 :) I just don't really need any more speakers....lol

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Heck those were a good deal during the recent sale of 389 each....and they'd go well with my 590/530/520 set....I keep returning to the ad....damn you @zieglj01 :) I just don't really need any more speakers....lol
That is the lowest price that I have ever seen on them. Have no room for any more speakers either.....LOL!!! But, darn this is such a good deal. Heck, I am not a tower guy and so very tempted.

Cheers,

Phil

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Heck those were a good deal during the recent sale of 389 each....and they'd go well with my 590/530/520 set....I keep returning to the ad.... :) I just don't really need any more speakers....lol
A back-up never hurts.:cool: :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
A back-up never hurts.:cool: :)
How about a backup for a backup!

To put things in perspective, I'll (eventually) trial these against Klipsch RF-82ii and JBL ls60.
The LS60's are what has been saving me from previous Studio deals...it is JBL and from higher up their line.

My real curiosity is how they will interact with my poop for acoustics living room!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

To put things in perspective, I'll (eventually) trial these against Klipsch RF-82ii and JBL ls60.
The LS60's are what has been saving me from previous Studio deals...it is JBL and from higher up their line.

My real curiosity is how they will interact with my poop for acoustics living room!
Kurt, if you are referring to the top end I assure you that the 580's would work well in that regard. The wave-guides certainly do their part. Have read that the guides help tame early reflections. There is a much more informed and technical explanation, but that is how I understand it. Will see if I can find that specific info and get back to you on that.

Cheers,

Phil

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Too bad they won't pass the WAF around here. :(
Aww man, you're not even giving your wife the chance to say yes. You'll never know for sure until they're delivered, right? I look forward to your review of them.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

The Sonic signature should be a little different, as that Bi-radial horn is unique and I like the soundstage of the 530 -- I have not listened to the LS series, however I expect the Studio 5 to be better. I prefer the sonic sound signature of the Studio 5 over the Klipsch RB/RF series.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
G

GeneC

Junior Audioholic
I wonder if the smallish 4" center channel speaker (520) can keep up with the rest of the 500 series or should something else be considered, like the Studio 235C.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if the smallish 4" center channel speaker (520) can keep up with the rest of the 500 series or should something else be considered, like the Studio 235C.
Many have been happy with the 520 center -- and those are some big rubber surrounds on the 520 center.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 520C worked perfectly with the 530's. Have read many liked it with their 500 Series towers as well. Never thought the 520C would sound as good as it did. Honestly, I was amazed! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

G

GeneC

Junior Audioholic
"Many have been happy with the 520 center -- and those are some big rubber surrounds on the 520 center."

"The 520C worked perfectly with the 530's. Have read many liked it with their 500 Series towers as well. Never thought the 520C would sound as good as it did. Honestly, I was amazed! :):):)"

That's good to hear. What are people using for surrounds, 530's?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis