JBL studio 280....$99...worth it?

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I saw the JBL 270,280, 290 on JBL website for half price. looking at the 280...is it worth it? $99 seems like a incredible price!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been curious how they'd stack up to the corresponding models in the 5-series I've got (590, 580, 530, 520) but not likely I'll get to hear the 2-series....but I just looked at the JBL page (jbl.com) for the 280 and it's on sale from $500 but at $350 each.....$99 would be a killer deal.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I've been curious how they'd stack up to the corresponding models in the 5-series I've got (590, 580, 530, 520) but not likely I'll get to hear the 2-series....but I just looked at the JBL page (jbl.com) for the 280 and it's on sale from $500 but at $350 each.....$99 would be a killer deal.
I saw that as well but when I did a search on google and the JBL outlet store came up so I pulled it up and it looks to me like just about every speaker bookshelf and floorstanders are $99?

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
the website is jbloken.com. it looks like its a outlet store and it looks like every speaker is $99 or less!
could this be a mistake?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw that as well but when I did a search on google and the JBL outlet store came up so I pulled it up and it looks to me like just about every speaker bookshelf and floorstanders are $99?
I've never seen a JBL outlet store and just searched for a JBL outlet store and didn't find one, just their normal site jbl.com. What's the url of the outlet store?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
the website is jbloken.com. it looks like its a outlet store and it looks like every speaker is $99 or less!
could this be a mistake?
LOL we crossed paths. Looks like an official site but agree the pricing is off, they don't even mention normal list. I'd ask JBL about this site before buying anything from jbloken.com....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I looked up the site on whois.net:
Domain Name: JBLOKEN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2337268024_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn
Updated Date: 2018-11-27T11:04:59Z
Creation Date: 2018-11-27T09:10:18Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-27T09:10:18Z
Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 420
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-03-04T21:01:05Z <<<

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
LOL we crossed paths. Looks like an official site but agree the pricing is off, they don't even mention normal list. I'd ask JBL about this site before buying anything from jbloken.com....
it shocked me when I first saw it. every model is same price and it says they have 3-4000 units in stock. the JBL studio 230 which I just bought on ebay refurbished for $159 is $99 on this site. and it looks like a flat $10 shipping fee as well!

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I looked up the site on whois.net:
Domain Name: JBLOKEN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2337268024_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn
Updated Date: 2018-11-27T11:04:59Z
Creation Date: 2018-11-27T09:10:18Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-27T09:10:18Z
Registrar: Alibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 420
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: DomainAbuse@service.aliyun.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +86.95187
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-03-04T21:01:05Z <<<
what does all this mean?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
it shocked me when I first saw it. every model is same price and it says they have 3-4000 units in stock. the JBL studio 230 which I just bought on ebay refurbished for $159 is $99 on this site. and it looks like a flat $10 shipping fee as well!
what does all this mean?
Seems to me it just adds up to a lot of bullshit!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just because I had nothing better to do I started a chat with JBL (at jbl.com) who confirmed it is not their site and they're reporting it....

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Be careful, you do not know what they will ship or you will receive

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
that's the reason I asked you guys before I did anything!
I got really good deals on my JBL 590 and 580s ($900 the pair on the 590 and $518 for the 580, bought the 530s/520 used), if you're patient you can find those deals a few times a year....did you not get the replacement 230s or are expanding?

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
yes I got them and they work perfectly. I was looking on the jbl website and noticed some good deals on the floorstanding models that were on sale one day. like 2-3 days I googled the jbls and saw that link and that's how by accident I found the others that were $99. I love the 230s but I was considering the floorstanding models and if I bought them I was going to give the 230s to my son.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
yes I got them and they work perfectly. I was looking on the jbl website and noticed some good deals on the floorstanding models that were on sale one day. like 2-3 days I googled the jbls and saw that link and that's how by accident I found the others that were $99. I love the 230s but I was considering the floorstanding models and if I bought them I was going to give the 230s to my son.
The best deals I've seen (and got) on the JBLs weren't from JBL but thru Amazon (background seller AcousticSoundDesign). I have seen the JBL direct sales once in a while, too, but they weren't quite as good.

J

jsf0656

Audioholic
I will be watching these sites with JBL speakers as I really like the JBL sound! the 230s are nice but now I'm thinking about going with floorstanding, either the arena, stage, or studio. I like the 3 way design the best!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I will be watching these sites with JBL speakers as I really like the JBL sound! the 230s are nice but now I'm thinking about going with floorstanding, either the arena, stage, or studio. I like the 3 way design the best!
The Arena and Stage are entry level -- the Studio is above them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis